Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

Posted Jul 08, 2019 08:45 AM

Hi,

My Airwave facility is operational. I see my Instant, client, ...

When I connect in SSH on Airwave I log in root / admin, I fall each time on the wizard "Welcome to AMP Installer Phase 2"

I want to acces to the standard cli. How can i do?

Another problem, when I log in SSH with the ampadmin account and the password I use to connect to the web (with the admin account), my access is denied. Do you have an idea?

Thank you in advance for your help

• 2.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 09:17 AM

Is this a fresh installation?

root/admin should only be accessible for initial AMP installation.  After that install, the root account is no longer accessible.  Access from SSH should be restricted to the 'ampadmin' user (or whatever username input was given.

UI access is initialized as admin/(password for ampadmin account), the username differentiation is because the UI and CLI user accounts are separate - UI user accounts are facilitated by the database while CLI users are governed by the underlying Unix (CentOS) user mgmt.

• 3.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

Posted Jul 08, 2019 09:24 AM

Yes it's a new install.

it's strange, do you know how to solve the problem?

• 4.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 09:37 AM

Sounds like if the root user is still present that the install is either choked or still running (possibly waiting at action prompt).

When the install is running, are you switching to the view that tails the log?  If so; either ctrl+alt+F1 or ctrl+F1 or alt+F1 (keys depend on keyboard, and if on console or VM) gets you back to the main install screen.  The log tailing doesn't show the interactive prompts for the amprecovery and ampadmin username input prompts.

If the console screen you performed the install from is still open, check to see if you can get back to the install prompt.  Otherwise try to reinstall without jumping to the log tailing.  As cool as it is to watch logs; it doesn't make sense unless you're debugging the install failing at an earlier step.

If you reached amprecovery/ampadmin user prompts and did input usernames and passwords; then it looks like the install didn't close the loop.  That is sometimes indicative of not having the complete ISO (seen in a handful of cases).  In which the next step would be to try to re-download the ISO and validate the md5sum after download.

• 5.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:24 AM

The probem is all my configuration is ready.

I don't want to re-install all the system

I make wizard again without install, but after the key generation, i have the promp for authentication. I log with root / admin and i've the wizard again.

It's not an ISO but an OVA directly installed on Vmware.

• 6.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 12:39 PM

Hello Charlie,

If the above steps did not work, even after reseting the ampadmin password. There is a way we can login to Airwave, in Linux rescue mode, and we can remove the loop, which is causing to start the amp-installer again and again. 

Message me your email address privately, i can work with you on the same.

--

• 7.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 09, 2019 02:46 AM

Finally I preferred to redo a new install. I am afraid to meet other problems later. With my new VM, I have no worries

• 8.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:38 AM

Are you able to access GUI with admin/admin default credentials? As rob said root/admin are default credentails to install AMP packages.

If GUI is accessible, we can try reset the AMPCLI default username "ampadmin" credentials using amprecovery/recovery  or amprecovery/amprecovery from console.

Send encrypted file to TAC to decrypt password, use those credentials to login and reset password.If you are not able to generate key using amprecovery credentials we can mount ISO and get in to linux resuce mode and setup ampcli.

• 9.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:49 AM

WebGUI is accessible with the account admin / mypassword not with admin/admin

Where can i reset the AMPCLI password on the GUI?

• 10.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:54 AM

We can not reset CLI password from GUI. I have proivde detials on how to reset CLI in my last post

"

If GUI is accessible, we can try reset the AMPCLI default username "ampadmin" credentials using amprecovery/recovery or amprecovery/amprecovery from console, it will provide

encrypted password, send this to TAC to decrypt password, use those credentials to login and reset password.If you are not able to generate key using amprecovery credentials we can mount ISO and get in to linux resuce mode and setup ampcli."

• 11.  RE: AIrwave 8.2.9 AMP Installer on root CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:55 AM

If you've got the User Guide handy, try following the amprecovery steps from the AMP CLI appendix.  If it's not tied to the pw you initialized for ampadmin, then it should be 'recovery' - depends what version you're on.

Here's a quick copy/paste of the section from the doc:

===================

If you forgot your CLI password, you can generate a recovery key and contact Technical Support to decode the
    key and provide recovery password to you.
    The recovery user credentials is the username and password that you created during the AirWave
    installation and the password for the "ampadmin" user. If you didn't enter a username, AirWave
    uses the default recovery user, called "amprecovery".

To reset your password:
    1. From a local terminal, or the VM host console, log in using the amprecovery credentials:
    <AMP server> login: amprecovery
    Password: <ampadmin password>
    2. Select 1 to generate the recovery key.
    3. Select 2 to upload the recovery key to another server using an SCP file transfer application.
    4. At the prompt, enter the destination location for the file (for example, user@host:path. User is the name of
    the account on the destination computer, host is the hostname or IP address of the computer on which the
    file will be transferred, and path is the path of the destination folder).
    5. At the prompt, enter the password on the destination computer.
    6. Send the recovery.gpg file to Technical Support for key translation.
    7. Select 3 to activate the recovery password, then press y to continue.
    8. Enter the password you received from Technical Support. If you enter the password incorrectly, the password
    remains unchanged.
    9. Log out from the recovery user.
    10.Log back in to the CLI as ampadmin using the recovery password:
    <AMP server> login: <ampadmin>
    Password: recovery password
    11.Select 9 to open the Security menu, then select 2 to reset the OS user password.
    12.At the prompt, select 2 to change the amprecovery password.
    13.Type a new password and press Enter.