Network Management

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP 8.2.5 installed on Hyper-V, can't ping IP address

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AMP 8.2.5 installed on Hyper-V, can't ping IP address

Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:25 AM

I'm brand new to Airwave. I installed AMP 8.2.5 earlier in the week and was able to poke around in the GUI, but couldn't get any of my devices to add. I then stumbled upon the info that I should have used a Legacy Network Adapter in Hyper-V instead of the default Virtual Network Adapter. I removed the synthetic adapter, and then added the Legacy Adapter. Since then, I have been unable to ping or access the GUI. I switched everything back the way it was, but still no ping or GUI access. Being a fresh install that I may have flubbed, I decided to start from scratch and re-install, but this time setup the Legacy adapter before installing AMP. I still can't ping the IP address I assigned to the AMP server and no GUI access. This is my first time running Linux on a Hyper-V, so I'm a bit green here. Is there a way to get into the Linux shell to run typical network diagnostics? Any insight on getting AMP to run in a Hyper-V environment?

Thanks for your time.

• 2.  RE: AMP 8.2.5 installed on Hyper-V, can't ping IP address
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:44 AM

Is there any specific reason to install 8.2.5 version?  I would recommend to install 8.2.10.1 version which is built on cantos 7 and  using postres 11.x version. 

If it for POC you can use OVA file but for production try use ISO image.  Legacy adapter have issues so use default network adapter.

8.2.5 version is little old and we few known issues in this code. 

• 3.  RE: AMP 8.2.5 installed on Hyper-V, can't ping IP address

Posted Feb 14, 2020 12:02 PM

I went with 8.2.5 because that was the only ISO that came up when I registered my order. I would gladly install the more current version, but I can't seem to find an ISO for it.

TTJEG_0-1581699695446.png

• 4.  RE: AMP 8.2.5 installed on Hyper-V, can't ping IP address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 12:17 PM

Please refer to the below thread. This could also be a reason if you are running on HyperV

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Aruba-Airwave-8-2-5-eth0-is-missing/m-p/519182#M10553

• 5.  RE: AMP 8.2.5 installed on Hyper-V, can't ping IP address

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 12:45 PM

Airwave 8.2.5.x is end-of-support starting december 2019.

Download the latest version 8.2.10.1 from https://asp.arubanetworks.com.

If your using HPE My Networking Portal (MNP) you can migrated your account and assets to the new Aruba Support Portal (ASP). If you find some issue please contact TAC support to assist you with migration to ASP.

• 6.  RE: AMP 8.2.5 installed on Hyper-V, can't ping IP address

Posted Feb 14, 2020 02:39 PM

Just got off the phone ASP support, they got my licensing squared away, I'm now downloading the 4GB AMP-8.2.10.1 ISO. I will update on Monday with the status, hopefully marking a resolution as well.

Thank you for the input.

• 7.  RE: AMP 8.2.5 installed on Hyper-V, can't ping IP address

Posted Feb 17, 2020 09:41 AM

8.2.10.1 gave me the ping ability I was looking for. My AMP server can ping my hardware, no I have to figure out why I can't add devices via discovery or manual entry.

Thanks for your help.