Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP 8.2.6.1 - VisualRF and Wiring Closet

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AMP 8.2.6.1 - VisualRF and Wiring Closet

Posted Jun 04, 2018 10:18 AM

On Airwave 8.2.6.1 I am struggling to place a Wiring Closet.

On the previous versions you had to change between Flash and HTML5 to get the option - however those options are now gone.

How do I create a Wiring Closet?

• 2.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 - VisualRF and Wiring Closet
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2018 12:47 PM

It's still in the same state except the toggle in VisualRF -> Setup was removed.  You can workaround this by going to //amp.name/site_list, drill into the floor plan within the flash frame (if you click on the floor plan jump links at the bottom, it'll revert back to the new html5 style sheets which don't allow the wiring closet region type), draw the region and select type wiring closet.

The feature itself is still in the backlog of features that we want to implement in html5.  While it's in the backlog, sometimes the backlog items keep getting pushed back due to demand for other features, so it'd be worth it to open up a support case to file the feature request to have this done for html5 so Product Mgmt is aware of the interest in the feature.  There's also been reports that this workaround doesn't always work against pre-existing floor plans - so you may have to create a new floor to draw the wirings and generate the BOM.

Another method is to use the older versions of the standalone VRF Plan tool.

• 3.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 - VisualRF and Wiring Closet

Posted Jun 05, 2018 02:48 AM

Awesome - THX Rob - That worked 100% for me

• 4.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 - VisualRF and Wiring Closet

Posted Feb 05, 2019 08:35 AM

How far back do I need to go to in versions to use it in the stand alone Visual RF?

• 5.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 - VisualRF and Wiring Closet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2019 09:23 AM

The standalone VRF Plan tool was last built 3 years ago, so roughtly the initial 8.2.0 release.  Why are you trying to use the old tool?  It doesn't allow for you to update the device library, so it wouldn't work for newer AP types.  Just trying to understand the usage case here.

• 6.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 - VisualRF and Wiring Closet

Posted Feb 05, 2019 01:11 PM

I just read the last line of your previous reply about "Another method would be to use the Stad alone Visual RF tool".

I really was trying to figure out a way to add wiring closets to my Visual RF maps in Airwave.  So judging from your reply the stand alone tool is not a good option for what I want to do since it isn't updated.

Where do I go to place a features request to increase the interest in adding wiring closets to HTML5?

Thanks for your reply

• 7.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 - VisualRF and Wiring Closet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2019 01:25 PM

you can file a feature request through the innovation portal:

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com