Network Management

Highlighted
New Contributor

AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

I was attempting to login to my AMP 8.2.10.0 installation with AMPADMIN when I recieved the error:

Your account has expired; please contact your system administrator

Authentication toekn expired

I then tried to login with AMPRECOVERY and received the same error. Any idea what is going on?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: AMPADMIN and AMPRECOVERY expired?

Did you changed amprecovery password during upgrade or installation? Default password is recovery, if it still throwing same error with default password, open TAC ticket. We need to get in to resuce mode and reset password.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Did you changed amprecovery password during upgrade or installation? Default password is recovery, if it still throwing same error with default password, open TAC ticket. We need to get in to resuce mode and reset password.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

The recovery password was not changed and when attempting to login with it I receive the same error. I'll open a TAC case but what caused/causes this?

Highlighted
New Contributor

FYI - a TAC case was opened, they informed me this is the new norm, all passwords expire every 90 days. Had to boot off of CentOS DVD and use the recovery to reset.

Highlighted

The issue is on 8.2.10.0 version only. With 8.2.10.1 (already released), AMP CLI and AMP recovery password wont expire like in pre 8.2.10 releases.  I would suggest to upgrade to 8.2.10.1 whenever possible to avoid this issue.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

It is 60 days not 90 days and as suggested by Gowri, upgrade server to latest code.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same issue; my system access is gone. Can you please explain a little bit more what means "Had to boot off of CentOS DVD and use the recovery to reset." I downloaded a CentOS version 7 iso image and watched some videos. But they are talking always about to reset the root user which is not existing on AirWave. Can you maybe provide a link to a quickref?

Thank you for helping

Marcello

Highlighted
MVP Expert

We can also use 8.2.10 ISO image to get in to resuce mode. I would suggest to open TAC ticket, on public fourm it is not possbile to provide steps on how to get in to rescue mode and reset password as we know root access is blocked.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

Highlighted
New Contributor

Okay, will open a TAC case for this. Thanks

@Pavan Arshewar wrote:

We can also use 8.2.10 ISO image to get in to resuce mode. I would suggest to open TAC ticket, on public fourm it is not possbile to provide steps on how to get in to rescue mode and reset password as we know root access is blocked.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: