Network Management

Highlighted
New Contributor

AP is showing physically UP in switch port, but showing down in Airwave

Hi

So the AP is showing UP on the switch port and showing correct arp/ mac address.

ip address is pinging/responding. But ip addr is different in Airwave and shows AP down.

How can we remotely force ip address change so Airwave picks up the live, current ip address ?

AP is in a very difficult, dangerous spot so we cannot physically reset it.

Some ideas we have:

factory reset in Controller ?

Or, maybe delete the whole AP config and rebuild to get it rediscover, and hopefully pickup the live, existing ip address ?

thanks for you help

Ariel

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: AP is showing physically UP in switch port, but showing down in Airwave

What type and brand of AP is it?

In what mode it is configured (Aruba controller, Aruba Instant, Remote AP, for Aruba APs)?

If it is an Aruba controller deployment, does the AP show up in the controller?

In the case it shows up in the controller, it should automatically update in Airwave if the controller is managed/monitored by Airwave. So first make sure the AP shows up in the controller before looking at Airwave.

If it is up on the controller, but Airwave doesn't update, check that you didn't run out of Airwave licenses, check that Airwave is updated to support your controller firmware version, and if that is all the case you can safely delete the AP in Airwave and at the next poll from Airwave to the controller it should pick up the AP again as a New Device, in Airwave move it back to the Folder and Group where it belongs.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Herman

it's an Aruba 225.  configured via Aruba Controller.  yes, it shows up on the controller and showing down (I was told by the network team)  I only see Airwave.  I don't have access to the controller.

thanks for your suggestions.  We will try them.

thanks again,

Ariel

Highlighted
MVP Expert

What error message you are seeing in Devices> Monitor page of AP in Airwave and did you tried poll the AP from same page?

Have you made any changes in network which bring AP down in Airwave?

Check  in new device list if AP discovered again in Airwave? For testing you can delete on down AP and see it is discovering again in Airwave.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: