Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

APs showing down due to Controller Down, but controller is UP in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  APs showing down due to Controller Down, but controller is UP in Airwave

Posted Feb 29, 2012 05:56 PM

We have all the APs from one controller showing as being down in Airwave.  Reason for being down states that the contoller is down.  Checking the controller in Airwave, it shows as Ok/UP.  Any reason why the APs are showing as down even though the controller is UP in airwave?

• 2.  RE: APs showing down due to Controller Down, but controller is UP in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:08 PM

Find out what controller those APs that are down say that they are connected to.  You might have added the same controller twice...

• 3.  RE: APs showing down due to Controller Down, but controller is UP in Airwave

Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:39 PM

All APs are connected to the same controller and no ohter controller exists.

When I poll the controller, I get:

Poll Now: no results after 10 minutes.

I see the following on the AP side:

ri Feb 24 06:26:13 2012SystemStatus changed to 'Controller is Down'
    Fri Feb 24 06:26:13 2012SystemDown
    Fri Feb 24 06:15:02 2012SystemConfiguration verification: failed to read configuration from device
    Fri Feb 24 06:15:02 2012SystemConfiguration status changed to 'Too many errors fetching existing configuration'
    Fri Feb 24 06:15:02 2012SystemConfiguration status changed to 'Telnet/SSH Error: (pattern match timed-out) in enable password: ********* '

• 4.  RE: APs showing down due to Controller Down, but controller is UP in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:55 PM
    Uh...fix the enable password for the controller. Also make sure the snmp read string is correct.

• 5.  RE: APs showing down due to Controller Down, but controller is UP in Airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 07:15 PM

Uh...nothing has been changed on this controller.  

Spoke with my co-worker and he told me that this always happens.  Changing the IP of the controller in airwave from the loopback to the vlan interface fixed the issue.

• 6.  RE: APs showing down due to Controller Down, but controller is UP in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2012 07:16 PM

Please mark this as fixed, then.