Network Management

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AW 8.2.3.1 IGC and issues with new group/client

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AW 8.2.3.1 IGC and issues with new group/client

Posted May 25, 2017 04:18 AM

Hi,

since i upgraded Airwave to 8.2.3.1 i'm seeing issues (last 3 installation in a row after upgrade) with pushing desired configuration to brand new installation.

installation:

-new out-of-the-box IAP installation (doesn't matter how many, one installation was 5x 205, one 2x 325 and one mixed 205/325)

-predefined group in AW, that is duplicated from another working group and then premade applied changes. Instant GUI config.

-Forced firmware to at least 6.5.1.0-xxxx (we have many new IAP-207-s and 335-s already installed or planned and those don't want to join older 6.5.0.0 cluster.
    -any way of provision to AW, same issues with activate, direct SSH into master IAP-VC or IAP-VC web gui and entering airwave info

connecting to AW is okay, no issues there. AP logs show connected to AW and all devices appear in the server. IAP does sync some configuration (tacacs configuration, rate limits, captive portal info, policies, inbound firewall config etc, i can see them in IAP-VC running-config), but NEVER SSID or admin user config. same instant SSID and admin/admin stays enabled and new predefined stuff is not pushed.

AW ICG get stuck on Config Status: Processing, Config Progreess: Request running config.

reboot of AP-s, factory reset, changes in the group + apply. nothing helps, still stuck.

The only cure i've found is creating a new group (even duplicating the very SAME group that has issues with push) with a different name plus adding a folder and moving all devices to new group. Then it'll sync configs etc. Few issues with mismatches remain, but this can be cured mostly by patience (not to make too many changes at once)

One common factor was all 3 installations had forced firmware upgrades (out-of-the-box old firmwares), but fw upgrade itself went okay. 

AW envent log shows actually all okay, and devices UP/GOOD and no mismatches, although clicking to VC and then selecting mismatches shows loooong list. additional clicking apply (down below additional) doesn't do anything.

am i doing something wrong or there are some known issues?

• 2.  RE: AW 8.2.3.1 IGC and issues with new group/client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2017 05:25 AM

Hi ,

Correct me if I understand wrong, so exisiting configuraiton is not getting pushed to IAPs when we move newly added IAPs  to duplicate Airwave group but it is working fine, if we move devices to newly created group and push configuration manually?

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: AW 8.2.3.1 IGC and issues with new group/client

Posted May 25, 2017 06:18 AM

it doesn't work when pushing for the first time.

-i tried to create a brand new group, even with minimal SSID configuration.

-i tried to duplicate a working group (that has mostly the same baseconfig, except SSID config), just by deleting old SSIDs and creating a new ones (all done prior new physical installation).

same result: IAP VC with default out-of-the-box configuration did not sync some configuration (namely SSID configs and admin user) with the group config i wanted to attach AP-s to. It still kept default admin user and instant SSID and rules.

i tried multiple rebooting, factory resetting etc. AP-s come up, sync half the config and report as Good/UP (but they're not!) under event log. Under AP/Devices they're reported as "Verifying" though and Group->Instant Config -> VC List shows stuck under processing (and these round arrows)

only after i created a secondary group and moved these new devices (VC and APs) there, configuration was finnaly synced.

after that, i can edit existing config okay.

IAP is latest official 8.2.3.1, server spec is vmware appliance, 4 vCPU (HP G8 based intel xeons), 8GB vRAM, 80G SSD disk from datastore. From large enterprise grade vmware clusterm, that consists of tens of servers and high-end storage system.

top chows cpu usage barely 3%

vmstat -s shows active mem usage at around 4,2G

df -h hows available 56GB free
    devices: ~250 licensed, 170 approved

other existing installations, where everything is done, are working fine. i can remove, create or edit SSIDs. Graphs and reports work etc. Doesn't feel sluggish at all. 

• 4.  RE: AW 8.2.3.1 IGC and issues with new group/client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2017 06:22 AM

Could you open TAC ticket to look in to this issue.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: AW 8.2.3.1 IGC and issues with new group/client

Posted May 25, 2017 07:06 AM

TAC case done. case nr 5319994687

• 6.  RE: AW 8.2.3.1 IGC and issues with new group/client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2017 07:58 AM

I see this case been assinged to TAC engineer Gopal Jha, he will reach you to look in to this issue.

Regards,

Pavan

• 7.  RE: AW 8.2.3.1 IGC and issues with new group/client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2017 06:02 AM

Could you share the IAP version? Also the server spec? Can you try providing more resource for Maximum number of configuration processes and Maximum number of audit processes under Amp setup --> General --> Performance?