Network Management

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Add Airwave Read-Only User

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Add Airwave Read-Only User

Posted Mar 07, 2016 11:30 AM

I've got an Airwave server up and running with standard licensing and some additional Eval licensing on 8.0.9 code

I tried to add a user with RO privlages but when I click add, the user never shows up. Is there something I'm missing in the procedure to activate this user? Are all the fields required?

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 11.29.00 AM.png

• 2.  RE: Add Airwave Read-Only User

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 01:08 PM

Check the AMP Setup -> Roles page.  Make sure the read-only user role is set to enabled = yes.

• 3.  RE: Add Airwave Read-Only User

Posted Mar 07, 2016 01:52 PM

yes, its enabled.

I noticed that the read-only user can also edit devices except in VisualRF. I'd like to limit that as well to a true "read-only" account. Is that possible?

• 4.  RE: Add Airwave Read-Only User

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 02:07 PM

For a new AMP user, the fields that are required are:

1) current password for 'admin' (the user password it asks for changes to reflect current user making the change, so for me it'd be 'rob')

2) username

3) password - MUST be at least 8 characters, must have an Upper, a Lower, a number, and a special char.  If it doesn't meet all 5 requirements, then you should see a message return of "Password must be at least 8 characters with a mix of upper, lower, numeric, and non-alphanumeric characters."

4) confirm password: must match password above

Name/Email/Phone/Notes are optional fields

For VRF, the role should already be in read only if it's the AMP default read only role.  Otherwise you can set VisualRF to read only on the AMP Setup -> Role page.

2016_03_07-462.jpg