Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Administratior User Roles Edit

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Administratior User Roles Edit

Posted Sep 16, 2013 05:09 AM

Under Administration (Management)

i want to create a new user account with the ability to check/read specific group of AP or AP profile. i dont want that user to see all of my profiles or my AP

is there a way to do that ? can i edit/add pre defiened user roles (root, guest-provisioning, read-only,... etc)?

• 2.  RE: Administratior User Roles Edit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2013 07:30 AM

I do not believe this is possible.  

• 3.  RE: Administratior User Roles Edit

Posted Sep 18, 2013 08:32 AM

Though so

is there any plan to implement this ? is this possible with Airwave ?

ex. can i create on airwave users with monitor or read only ability that can only view designated aps ?

• 4.  RE: Administratior User Roles Edit
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2013 09:51 AM

You can do read-only users in AirWave by creating roles with restrictions based on folder (and then create users with the roles).  Note that choosing a folder means you're authorizing the users with that role to have visibility to that folder and its subfolders.  You also have the option to choose multiple folders branches.

Note that users will be restricted to see only the devices they have visibility of, so you can provide visibility of the AP without visibility of the controller.  But if you provide visibility of the controller, then they will see anything that the controller has (i.e. all profiles).  Test this out to see if it's doing what you're looking for before rolling it out.