Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Air Wave issue with Instant VC

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Air Wave issue with Instant VC

Posted Nov 03, 2016 11:41 AM

I have an issue with Air Wave 8.2 with regards to polling and updating the information for an Aruba Instant VC.  The original setup worked fine and all was polling and updating daily.  The IAP handling the VC went bad and the VC moved to another IAP.  AirWave has not polled the new VC since and shows the site as DOWN.  When I web directly to the VC all appears fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Air Wave issue with Instant VC

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 12:19 PM

Which version of AirWave and InstantOS are you running? Are you able to reach the VC from the AirWave? Ensure that HTTPS between the two aren't being  blocked as this is used to "check in" with AirWave.

Are you able to post the output from #show ap debug airwave from the AP which  is now the VC?

• 3.  RE: Air Wave issue with Instant VC
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 03, 2016 12:30 PM

AW 8.2.0.2

ArubaInstant_Hercules_6.4.4.8-4.2.4

I believe you hit on the issue.  The original IAP had its MAC address white listed in their Tipping Point NAC - customer is checking the if the new MAC was white listed

• 4.  RE: Air Wave issue with Instant VC

Posted Nov 03, 2016 01:17 PM

that was it the NAC had the MAC address blocked

• 5.  RE: Air Wave issue with Instant VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 12:19 PM

Do you use Airwave to just monitor the IAPs or to manage it as well?

SSH into the VC and type "show log provision" to see if there are any clues about Airwave connectivity.

• 6.  RE: Air Wave issue with Instant VC

Posted Nov 03, 2016 12:31 PM

Thanks for the direction.  It shows the IAP lost connectivity on 10/25/16 and no one has looked since.  I just setup a trigger for down IAP to send them alerts.