Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave 7.7 beta is available

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirWave 7.7 beta is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2013 03:44 AM
      |   view attached

HI everyone:

I am happy to announce that AirWave 7.7 is available for beta testing. Some of the features include:

- Application level visibility (requires AOS 6.2 and higher)
    - ARM 3.0 visibility (requires AOS 6.3)
    - Support for AOS 6.3
    - Serviceability Enhancements 
    - Support for Mobility Access Switch configuration(7.1 and 7.2)

- RF Capacity Dashboard (beta)
    - Anomaly Detection: Identify anomalies with respect to client count and usage
    - VisualRF: Performance improvements, identify planned APs
    - New non-flash based graphs

For more information on the included features please refer to the attached release notes.  If you are interested in running the beta, please email me and I can send you the instructions. We would recommend that you run the beta on a lab server. We will be sending a temporary license key to install on your lab servers in the beta notification email.

Thank you!

Sujatha Mandava

Product Manager, AirWave

sujatha@arubanetworks.com

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 13, 2013 04:56 AM

Hello!

In january I was told from an AirWave representative that the Cisco 2602i was going to be supported in AirWave v7.7 planned for release in april/may. But I don't seem to find any info about this in the release notes? Is AirWave going to support this AP model?

Regards,

Jonatan

• 3.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 13, 2013 12:25 PM

I'm installing 7.7 in my lab today.  I think I have my 7.6Beta key around here someplace, will I need a new key?

• 4.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2013 12:36 PM

The license key should work as long as it is valid (check the end date in the license key). The only thing to remember with 7.7 is that it is supported only on CentOS 6.

Thanks

Sujatha

• 5.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 13, 2013 01:31 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does the AirWave 7.7 beta also have support for WLC v7.4?

• 6.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 14, 2013 05:39 AM

I got an error message during the process of restoring the backup from the previous version:

Verifying completeness of /tmp/nightly_data001.tar.gz...

beam.erl: no process killed
    *** FAILED TO STOP RabbitMQ *** at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/Utility/AMPEnableDisable.pm line 55.

Restore seemed succesful other than that.

But after reboot the HTTP(s)-server won't answer (but SSH does). I guess I should contact support instead?

• 7.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 14, 2013 08:40 PM

Hello

Are you guys updating the postfix release anytime  soon?

I ask this because i cannot use office 365 as a relay server with this.... unless i have a postfix  2.9 and the lastest firmware of airwaves got 2.6.6.

Anyways i was trying to relay it because our IPS got banned on the Spam house, i mean all the range... a /17 which belong to the service provider... and well  i though well i will just relay it on my office365 and it just didnt work... then i saw this document...

Here is the source

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600912

Cheers

Carlos

• 8.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 14, 2013 10:20 PM

@NightShade1 wrote:

Hello

Are you guys updating the postfix release anytime  soon?

I ask this because i cannot use office 365 as a relay server with this.... unless i have a postfix  2.9 and the lastest firmware of airwaves got 2.6.6.

Anyways i was trying to relay it because our IPS got banned on the Spam house, i mean all the range... a /17 which belong to the service provider... and well  i though well i will just relay it on my office365 and it just didnt work... then i saw this document...

Here is the source

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Can you provide a bit more detail about the problem?  Is it that emails generated by Airwave are failing to be delivered because your entire IP space, including the public-facing AMP IP, are listed at spamhaus?  What is/are the recipient domain(s), and relevantly are they under the control of you or someone friendly?  For example could the recipients whitelist your IP block to bypass DNSBL checks?

--Spencer

• 9.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 14, 2013 11:09 PM

Hello Spencer

This is just a demo airwaves i use to show clients what they can do with airwaves but anyways

Just look at the logs down at the end of the post, you will see that spamhouse is telilng me that my ip which is that one you see thats the ip of my firewall is being blocked

Now  if i go to spamhouse it does tell me yes its being block so i cannot use the embebed mail server of the airwaves... neither i can relay with my office 365 because is not compatible with the version of the airwaves postfix.

I also got a ticket Case #1418888: so you can get further information of the case(well if you got access to that which i dont know)

May 13 16:37:05 airwaves postfix/smtp[39905]: 09FA51E05C6: to=<test@airwave.com>, relay=mx01.arubanetworks.com[199.127.104.59]:25, delay=0.81, delays=0.11/0/0.44/0.26, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host mx01.arubanetworks.com[199.127.104.59] said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [airwaves.alternetworks.local] blocked by zen.spamhaus.org; http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=190.141.109.242 (in reply to RCPT TO command))

• 10.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 15, 2013 12:06 PM

If you only want to send test mails to @airwave.com or @arubanetworks.com addresses then we could ask IT to whitelist your IP address.

2nd possibility, in addition to AMP Setup > General > Additional AMP Services > Use Embedded Mail Server > yes, below that do you have a Mail Relay Server configured?  Your ISP likely has one you can use that may not require client auth to send email.

(What is the feature in postfix 2.9 that is not in 2.6 that would solve the issue?)

• 11.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 15, 2013 12:09 PM

Im really not sure about that...

But that is what microsoft says on their KB

For now im asking our ISP to help us to unblack list our ip address with spamhouse...

Cheers

Carlos

• 12.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 15, 2013 12:46 PM

If you are behind a dynamic IP address, spamhaus is not going to remove that address from the PBL, since that is more or less the purpose of that flavor of blacklist.

I still believe the best solution would be to ask your ISP if they have an outbound mail server for their customers to use, and then configuring that as the mail relay server in the AMP setup page per my previous message.  (If *that* outbound mailserver requires client auth, then you may be out of luck as far as Airwave messages go.)

Upgrading postfix will not, by itself, solve any client auth issues, because Airwave currently does not produce postfix config files that use outbound client auth.

EDIT: let me amend that slightly -- when I wrote the above paragraph I was thinking we overwrote main.cf every time you save the AMP Setup/General page, but in fact we use postconf to modify it.  So it is possible you could hand-edit main.cf to use outbound client auth and Airwave would not disturb those settings in the course of normal operation.

• 13.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 15, 2013 01:02 PM

Well i could as my service provider to do that...

But its supposed that we got an ip range not by DHCP we got a static ip addresses  a /28

And about that i was overwritting the main.cf editing the file... with winSCP to configure the relay.

Cheers

Carlos

• 14.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 15, 2013 01:06 PM

I got an hydrid  deployment of office 365... it seems we also got  a server inside the company... so i ll try to use that one to relay it...

My cooworker will configure it so i can relay...  Let see if that works

Cheers

Carlos

• 15.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 15, 2013 01:13 PM

But its supposed that we got an ip range not by DHCP we got a static ip addresses  a /28

Ah, I apologize for my wrong assumption :-)  I believe in that case it should be possible to have your subset of addresses removed from the PBL, although it may take a while.  In the meantime an internal relay is probably the best workaround -- good luck!

Regards,

Spencer

• 16.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2013 12:29 PM

Cisco 1600 is supported in AirWave 7.7. We are still in the process of finishing up the release notes, will be included in the next version.

Sujatha

• 17.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

Posted May 13, 2013 12:32 PM

Ok, so 2600-series will not supported in AirWave 7.7?

• 18.  RE: AirWave 7.7 beta is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2013 12:35 PM

Actually I should have clarified, 1600 and 2600 both are supported on 7.7.

Thanks
    Sujatha