Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Nov 08, 2017 05:28 PM

Since upgrade to AMP 8.2.5, I observe a few issues: in VRF, all host icons are computers.  In 8.2.4 and earlier, they are three different kinds of host: computer, tablet, and phone.  Another problem is the "Relation Lines" in VRF are no longer available, I can not tell what host attach to what AP.

Another issue: when an AP is down, how long does it take for it shows as DOWN in AP, can I change this? In my AMP, when an AP is down, it shows missing some SNMP polls but few days later AP is still green.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 07:13 AM

Related to client rleation line not showing in VisualRF, engineering team aware of this and they are planning to fix in next release and regarding client icon will check and if needed will report to engineering.Airwave polls for the device status for every five minutes, check Groups>Basic>SNMP polling period section for more details.

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Nov 09, 2017 09:21 AM

Pavan,

The SNMP setting for polling periods are default so it is 5 minutes interval.  You can test in the lab: add an AP to a group, wait for it to come up, unplug it, check back eight hours later it is still showing green in VRF.  It will turn red eventually, but I have no evidence to show how long it takes for the AP to turn red and I could not find any settings of how many miss poll before AirWave marks the device as down.

Thanks for looking in to this.

Regards,

• 4.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 09:27 AM

VisualRF syncronize with database for every 10 minutes default, check Synchronization Timer value in VisualRF> Setup page.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:06 PM

Dissappointed!

AMP 8.2.5.1 out but did not fix the issues with relation lines and icons in VRF and CLI removed! 

• 6.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:52 PM

Confrimed client relation lines not visible with 8.2.5.1.

• 7.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2017 07:14 AM

8.2.5.1 is minor release , defect is tagged to 8.2.6, please followup with your sales team for more details.

Regards,

Pavan

• 8.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:54 PM

This issue is still present with 8.2.6.  Client relation lines to the AP's are not being drawn.  AP to AP relation lines work fine.

• 9.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 04:52 PM

Known.  The defect was thought fixed and then re-opened.  For tracking: DE30308

• 10.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Feb 28, 2018 09:51 PM

@BirdNetworkAdminwrote:

This issue is still present with 8.2.6.  Client relation lines to the AP's are not being drawn.  AP to AP relation lines work fine.

if you revert to flash (urghhhhhh) they come back (at least they did in .my current project). Not a solution, but may get you by in the short term

• 11.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Mar 01, 2018 11:20 AM

How?

• 12.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Mar 02, 2018 04:13 AM

@BirdNetworkAdminwrote:

How?

https://your.ip.goes.here/site_list

this will load vrf in flash mode - presuming your browser supports it

• 13.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Mar 08, 2018 11:27 AM

Hi....as per my knowledge the SNMP setting for polling periods are default so it is 5 minutes interval.  You can test in the lab: add an AP to a group, wait for it to come up, unplug it, check back eight hours later it is still showing green in VRF. 

• 14.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Mar 02, 2018 04:00 AM

same problem here with 8.2.6 version.

• 15.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Mar 12, 2018 03:37 AM

Hello,

another Problem of VisualRF in Airwave Version 8.2.5.1:

I can not switch from Foot to Meter. When I click the Meter Radio Button, it will switch back to the Foot Radio Button.

mfg

Carstro

• 16.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 07:12 AM

Hi,

Try use different browser and check once, I tried in firefox it didnt allowed but in googl chrome it worked fine.

• 17.  RE: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Posted Mar 12, 2018 07:22 AM

Hi,

oh man, I never try an other Browser. ;-)

Ich will check this next time. Thanks.

mfg

Carstro