Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave 8.2.6.1 - Statistic missinig and other data communication issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirWave 8.2.6.1 - Statistic missinig and other data communication issues

Posted Oct 17, 2018 05:22 AM

Goodmorning,

I need a help with a few issues on a new AirWave deployment.

My data is:

AMP Version = 8.2.6.1

IAP Model = IAP-305

IAP Version = 6.5.4.7-6.5.4.7_64552

Issue 1: On VC I regullarly see the client data but AirWave not.

I replied configuration from our old Airwave server 8.2.0.2 that works correctly for all iAP that are still to migrate.

Both AirWaves points to the same ClearPass server (if this can create any issue)

Issue 2: We see different data even if we check them on different browsers (We changed names for some APs and only under Groups - Istant Config - Access Point voice we see old names [attached Sample 1], instead on APs/Devices - List and from Virtual Controller's page we see them regularly [attached Sample 2 and 3]

Issue 3: I deployed a new SSID from AirWave Istant Config voice on APs Group and I see it regularly on Virtual Controller but not on Network list [Sample 4 and 5]

Kind regards

Sorin

• 2.  RE: AirWave 8.2.6.1 - Statistic missinig and other data communication issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2018 08:11 AM

Issue: 1

Check if configuration only is set to Yes in AMP setup >General>Aruba instant section, try set to NO.

Configuration Only:
    • Yes
    • No

Issue 2&3

Have you pushed the config from Groups>Instant config page both SSID&AP name?

Try restart airwave services once and check if data is getting syncronized, else you can try upgrade the server to latest code 8.2.7, if issue still persist open TAC ticket.

• 3.  RE: AirWave 8.2.6.1 - Statistic missinig and other data communication issues

Posted Oct 18, 2018 03:07 AM

Good morning,

Issue numer 1 resolved

For issues 2&3 we managed some informations from APs that was already configured before new Airwave (AP name, Virtual Controller IP, Stati IP, Standard SSIDs that are regullarly present in Airwave). The new SSID that I can't see in AirWave was delivered from AirWave and can be seen on Virtual Controller only.

Sorin

• 4.  RE: AirWave 8.2.6.1 - Statistic missinig and other data communication issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2018 07:01 AM

Sorin,

Try upgrade the server to latest vesion and check the config mismatch status, if issue still persist open TAC ticket.

• 5.  RE: AirWave 8.2.6.1 - Statistic missinig and other data communication issues
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 24, 2018 06:16 AM

I finally resolved the issue:

- First problem was resolved as indicated by Pavan enabling in Group - Basic:  Enable Instant GUI Config: Yes

- Second and Third problem was related to "dirty" data loaded during First point resolution. I resolved setting Enable Instant GUI Config to No and back to Yes.

Thanks Pavan for you time and tips.

Sorin