Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

This thread has been viewed 57 times
  • 1.  AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

Posted Jan 26, 2019 09:26 PM

Hello - Upgraded to AW 8.2.8.0 this morning to address some Topology Map fixes, but now I can't deploy AP's on our floorplans (see Attach1.jpg).  If I scroll down on this list of AP's to deploy (Attach2.jpg), I can deploy some but the grey progress bar just keeps going and never allows me to add the the others.  I rebooted the VM 2x in hopes of fixing.  I'm going to upgrade another AW server to 8.2.8.0 and see if the behavior is the same.   If it happens on the the AW server, I will open a TAC case.

Also wanted to mention I tried this using latest version of Chrome (71.0.3578.98), Edge and FireFox (64.0.2 )..all three browsers had the same results.

UPDATE:  Upgraded another AW server to 8.2.8.0 and behavior was the same (Attach3.jpg), guess it's time for a TAC case :(

UPDATE 2:  TAC Case Reference:  5335827470 

UPDATE 3:  I've talked with our local SE's and they are experiencing the same thing in their labs.  I got it working in a roundabout way:  Reinstall a clean version of 8.2.8.0 and restore only the VisualRF backup from the failed server.  Kind of pain, but at least I'm back in business.  I've saved the broked AW VM and will continue to work with TAC to see what the fix is.  At this point they've pulled logs etc. and escalated.

UPDATE 4: It's been labeled as a P2 Defect with Engineering and same is being tracked under DE32502.  There is a fix but requires root level acces to AirWave, so waiting for TAC to do a remote session and apply the fix.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

• 2.  RE: AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

Posted Feb 06, 2019 04:43 AM

Hello,

We have this bug as well.

Did TAC mention a timeframe for the fix?

8.2.8.0 seems to have been pulled from the Aruba Support download page when I looked this morning.

Thanks

Alexander.

• 3.  RE: AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 08:09 AM

This is targeted to 8.2.8.1 version of Airwave. For now you can open up a TAC case so that they can help you with the workaround.

• 4.  RE: AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

Posted Feb 13, 2019 03:57 AM

@Vishnu Mannil wrote:

This is targeted to 8.2.8.1 version of Airwave. For now you can open up a TAC case so that they can help you with the workaround.

Hello,

8.2.8.1 is availabe on Aruba Support, but I can't see this fix in the release notes.

Did it make it into the fix?

Thanks

Alexander.

• 5.  RE: AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2019 06:07 AM

The 8.2.8.1 which got released now is actually a patch version to fix the IAP issue which was found in 8.2.8.0.
    Actual 8.2.8.1 will be released latter as 8.2.8.2.

• 6.  RE: AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

Posted Feb 13, 2019 06:52 AM

@Vishnu Mannil wrote:

The 8.2.8.1 which got released now is actually a patch version to fix the IAP issue which was found in 8.2.8.0.
    Actual 8.2.8.1 will be released latter as 8.2.8.2.

That's great thank you, do you have an ETA for 8.2.8.2?

Alexander

• 7.  RE: AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Alexander,

I had a word with the engineering regarding this. Looks like the issue is already addressed in 8.2.8.1. Release note will be updated soon. You can go ahead with 8.2.8.1 for the fix.

• 8.  RE: AirWave 8.2.8.0 VisualRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 08:14 AM

We have workaround for this issue, need to execute below commands to fix this.  root access is blocked from 8.2.4 , please open TAC ticket

#redis flushall
    #cd /var/airwave/cache/
    #rm visualrf_bootstrap
    #psk airwave.visualrf

Mostly fix will be provided in next release and we dont have any ETA.