Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

AirWave 8.2.8.0 not syncing with Instant APs

Hi,

I recently updated my AirWave to the newest version (before I had 8.2.7.1) and since this I have big problems regarding our Instant APs (all on 8.4.0.0). Some of the virtual controllers stay offline and even after removing, rebooting and adding again the sync doesn't work.

On existing virtual controllers the issue is the same. Because of that I also don't have a client count etc.

Does anybody have an idea? If you need additional information please let me know.

Occasional Contributor I

Re: AirWave 8.2.8.0 not syncing with Instant APs

We're having the exact same issue. I've had support calls with Aurba TAC the last three days and they can't pin down the issue (yet).

New Contributor

Have also upgraded to Airwave 8.2.8.0 and Instant APs to 8.4.0.0. While i'm not having the exact same issue as my VC is showing as up i am not getting data from the APs in Airwave so no client count or bandwidth. I plan to log a job when i can find the time.

Occasional Contributor I

Update...

Aruba TAC just told me the issue is with the upgrade package (from 8.2.7) and they're recommending a fresh install from the 8.2.8 .ova

Let's see how this goes...

Thank you for this update. That seems to be the worst option...
Would be nice if you keep us up to date once you receive further information.

I will wait a few more days.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Hi All,

Apologize for the issue you were seeing with Airwave 8.2.8 and IAP 8.4.0.0. I would not suggest to to do fresh install of AMP to make this work. We are working on this issue internally and will update the thread with our findings soon. If its a bug with 8.2.7 upgraded to 8.2.8, we will have a fix/patch to fix that. 

Occasional Contributor I

Not supringly, the rebuild of 8.2.8 did not fix the issue.

It appears that Aruba has acknolwdged this as a bug. I'm shocked this made it passed QA considering how obviously broken it is.

Frequent Contributor I

Hi All,

We have a fix to this issue. The fix is in form of a patch which needs to be applied on the Airwave server. Patching will require recompile of code which may make the servers inaccessible for 15-20 mins. Please contact TAC to apply the patch on the server.

Finally the version is pulled from the download section. Will there be an fix available in the next/updated version in some time?

Would be a bit oversized to contact out partner to apply the patch/hotfix.

Occasional Contributor I

We were able to apply the patch yesterday afternoon with Aruba TAC. 

So far so good!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: