Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

Posted Apr 06, 2016 02:39 PM
      |   view attached

I upgraded to 8.2.0 Monday (4/4/2016), since the upgrade when I go to VisualRF all my campuses for my region are stacking on top of each other in the upper left corner of my map.  When I attempt to move one to anywhere on my map the screen refreshes and the campus is moved back to the upper left corner of the map.

I've tried it in several different browsers, only to have the same results.  Any ideas? 

• 2.  RE: AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

Posted Apr 06, 2016 02:45 PM

I had the same problem. First thing to check is the lock button at the top of the visualRF map to make sure it is unlocked.

I eventually clicked Edit and then "Auto Arrange Campuses" on the right hand toolbar. That got them all unstacked.

• 3.  RE: AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

Posted Apr 11, 2016 10:50 AM

@mdoolittle wrote:

I upgraded to 8.2.0 Monday (4/4/2016), since the upgrade when I go to VisualRF all my campuses for my region are stacking on top of each other in the upper left corner of my map.  When I attempt to move one to anywhere on my map the screen refreshes and the campus is moved back to the upper left corner of the map.

I've tried it in several different browsers, only to have the same results.  Any ideas? 

This was actually the first problem I saw in 8.2 (now on 8.2.0.1) a few days ago. My problem might be slightly different as I could never get mine to move so there was no "screen refresh/moving back". I had attempted the padlock/auto-arrange and three different browsers and they remain stacked. Posting now since I brought this issue up to TAC while discussing another problem. They're going to have me gather some logs. I'll reply once I have an update.

• 4.  RE: AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

Posted Apr 12, 2016 11:52 AM

I am having the same problem, and unlocking and aut-arrange does not change the stacking...

• 5.  RE: AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2016 03:12 PM

Tracking this as DE25341.  Trying to reproduce in the lab, but have not been able to in last few attempts.  Please open a support case and provide the above defect number for tracking to resolution.

• 6.  RE: AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2016 05:57 PM

I was able to get my campuses unstacked in my particular situation. We're in the process of migrating one of our campuses to a second instance of Airwave, and performed an import from the visualrf_backup_airwave.zip inside our nightly_backups. The import succeeded and I could move the campuses on our second Airwave instance (initially hoped it failed to allow for TAC to reproduce in their import), but I discovered my campus background was blank. It then occured to me that when we upgraded to 8.2, our VisualRF Campus Background seemed a bit off, like about 30% of the right portion had been cropped off. I performed a Set Background, selected the same image from the VisualRF Backup, Saved, and found that I could now move my campuses -> as well as create new campuses and move those as well. I should note though that I got logged out briefly and when I logged back in - I saw "Internal Server Error. Content is not allowed in prolog", so maybe there's still a problem. I'm guessing something was odd about my background. Might be worth re-adding your campus background to see if that helps.

I went ahead and sent TAC a copy of my background.jpg in case they're able to reproduce it.

• 7.  RE: AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

Posted Apr 13, 2016 05:51 PM

Good Catch! My background was skewed as well, well more like squished horizontally, and so I unlocked the drawing, set background to the image I wanted. It reloaded and I was able to unstack my campus. 

• 8.  RE: AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

Posted Apr 18, 2016 10:24 AM

Great catch! I chose 'Set Background', simply replaced the background pic with the same pic, and then I could move the campuses around.

Thanks for the idea!!

• 9.  RE: AirWave/AMP 8.2 VisualRF Campus Stacking

Posted Apr 19, 2016 09:17 AM

You're welcome and thanks! Glad it worked and that I could contribute to a few folks!