Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Credentials for Logging in to Controllers

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  AirWave Credentials for Logging in to Controllers

Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:10 PM

So apparently our AirWave servers log in to our Aruba controllers every few minutes, perhaps to query for data.  In any case, they log in as "admin."  Can this be configured to use a different username?  Ideally, I'd like to reserve "admin" as a failsafe credential in the "Management Users" repository and not have it regularly used.  I'd like to create some other logins, e.g., "AirWave1" and "AirWave2", in my Internal DB for use by my AirWave servers.  Is it possible to configure AirWave to use custom credentials when logging into the controllers?

• 2.  RE: AirWave Credentials for Logging in to Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:18 PM
    Yes, just create local users on the controllers using the mgmt-user command.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: AirWave Credentials for Logging in to Controllers

Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:23 PM

Tim -

1. I do not want to use mgmt-users, I want to use credentials from my "Internal DB"

2. More importantly, how would you configure AirWave to use a login name other than "admin" when it logs in to the controller?

Doug

• 4.  RE: AirWave Credentials for Logging in to Controllers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:53 PM

The login AirWave uses is located on the device's manage page:

APs/Devices list -> select controller -> Manage page -> 'view credentials' to see current communication credentials.

You can change the ssh/telnet login and password to a different account that's not 'admin'.

You can do this in bulk from the device list by using modify devices and update credentials used to communicate with the device.

• 5.  RE: AirWave Credentials for Logging in to Controllers

Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:59 PM

Rob -

Excellent!  Exactly what I was after.  Thank you very much.

Doug