Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Report - Current Down AP's and their MAC?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirWave Report - Current Down AP's and their MAC?

Posted Mar 19, 2018 06:14 AM

I want to run a report that lists all current AP's that are down, and for this report to contain the MAC address of the AP.

Is this possible, and if so, could someone help please?

• 2.  RE: AirWave Report - Current Down AP's and their MAC?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2018 06:23 AM

Hi,

We have Device Uptime & Inventory report type which provide details of uptime of each device and totally types of devices montiored by Airwave.

We dont have specific report which provide the list of down devices. We can check the list of down devices by clicking the Down status bar on top and also we can export all the down devices in CSV format.

• 3.  RE: AirWave Report - Current Down AP's and their MAC?

Posted Mar 21, 2018 09:31 AM

I recently followed these steps and ran the report with some unusual results.

Clicked "Down" > "Expand folders to show all APs/Devices" > "Modify Devices" > Select All > "Run Report"

Report Type: Inventory

Include details about every device: Yes

What I noticed is that most, if not all, of the Down devices have an Uptime, and Enet0 Status of Up. Even APs with Enet0 status of Down report with an Uptime.

All Instant environment. Some of the downed devices are Virtual Controllers with static IPs that have adopted a new master. Other downed devices are not pingable, yet still show an uptime in the report.

Is this just showing the last reported uptime of the device? Or is something wrong with the way Airwave is collecting information for the report?

Running AMP 8.2.3.1

• 4.  RE: AirWave Report - Current Down AP's and their MAC?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 09:56 AM

Hi,

Its a expected behaviour, airwave retain device historical retention data.