Network Management

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave: Unable to see Air Monitor in VisualRF (AP Still looks and reports as a deployed AP)

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AirWave: Unable to see Air Monitor in VisualRF (AP Still looks and reports as a deployed AP)

Posted Jul 21, 2015 10:15 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm having an issue with my VisualRF, any insight would be greatly appreciated. I have a very AP heavy deployment, so I'm interested in flipping some APs to Air Monitors where it makes sense. 

In doing so, I assumed I'd see an AP that has been converted to to an AM be shown as a "deployed air monitor" in VisualRF, and to see all other APs around it to have heatmaps comptensating for the loss of the AirMonitior's coverage. Instead, I see the same Deployed AP as before, with the same heat map and connections to other APs (but the controller tells me this isn't an AP).

I've confirmed that the AP is indeed deployed as an AM (attachment 2), but it still shows as a deployed AP in VisualRF. 

Is there any special process I need to do to have AirWave pick the new AM and and re-adjust its heatmaps?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: AirWave: Unable to see Air Monitor in VisualRF (AP Still looks and reports as a deployed AP)
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 21, 2015 03:27 PM

Hi,

Couple of things to check before we debug Visualrf Issue ---

1. What does AMP show for that AP ( Go to that AP monitor Page and see under "Role" of Radios shows as AirMonitor or not)

2. If they show as AirMonitors then that means - VisualRF didn't get updated info from AMP yet. Do a rabbitmq_snoop vrf or rabbitmq_snoop vrf_sync on cli and poll controller from AMP to see if visualrf is receiving info from AMP for that AP.  if we are receiving proper info from AMP for those radios as Airmonitors on rabbitmq_snoop and visualrf is showing as deployed that means its a bug. 

For quick fix you can run on browser, go to AMPand do this -- (https://AMP.../visualrf/poll_aps_now.xml) after visualrf Successfull polls and gets updated info, you can check if the AP is still showing as deployed or Airmonitor. 

If it still shows as deployed AP then there is some issue.  if so, please open a case using Support. 

Thanks,

Suchitra Katike

• 3.  RE: AirWave: Unable to see Air Monitor in VisualRF (AP Still looks and reports as a deployed AP)

Posted Jul 27, 2015 09:59 AM

Just an update,

I've opened a TAC request as iniating a manual poll seems to work, and forces the AP to sync, but the AP does not show as an AM. (I can see the sync via rabbitmq_snoop).