Network Management

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave VRF Problems

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirWave VRF Problems

Posted Nov 21, 2011 05:54 PM

I have a problem with my AirWave AMP version 7.3.7 with RAPIDS and VRF licenses:

The VRF displays the same heatmap regardless of the frequencies button 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz check or uncheck (either, both or no button check, the same heatmap was displayed).  I had this problem probably since I upgraded to verion 7.2, and now upgrade to 7.3.7, but the issue remains.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Trinh Nguyen

• 2.  RE: AirWave VRF Problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2011 07:03 PM

The heatmaps certainly should change when you update the frequency views, and I just double checked that it works for me in 7.3 and in 7.4. If you're using a supported browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) and a recent version of Flash, then this would be worth opening a support case about.

• 3.  RE: AirWave VRF Problems

Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:08 AM

Dan,

Thanks for your response.  We, the engineers, found the work around by uncheck and check the “Heatmap button”, then the heatmap will response to the frequencies button.  The same with the “walls button”, the red walls always display even the “walls button” unchecks, but if you check and uncheck the button, the walls go away. 

But for the managers; they don’t view the heatmap every day, so kind of awkward for them to see a product not working the way it should work.  I ensure them Aruba probably will fix it at the next upgrade, but after two or three upgrades, I probably will open the ticket.

• 4.  RE: AirWave VRF Problems
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 05:31 PM

Upgraded to 7.4.2, all my problems vanished, the red walls are no longer show by default, the heatmap displays correctly, and best of all, it is fast, feeling like a new server!

Kudos to AMP team you did a great job!