Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave VisualRF - All maps disappeared

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AirWave VisualRF - All maps disappeared

Posted Dec 18, 2018 01:09 PM

I went into AirWave VisualRF today and noticed that everything  was missing. The only thing is a building named Deafult with no floorplans and no APs. I tried to import the visualrf backup file, but it shows the same thing.  I have an older backup of everything that is gone. How can I import it into 8.2.6.1? I remember before when you had full access to the terminal, you would copy it to a folder then import it from there.  Has that chnaged?

• 2.  RE: AirWave VisualRF - All maps disappeared

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 04:57 AM

Airwave retain four nighlty backups , if issue happened yesterday then you can restore two days old backup to get visualrf backup from AMPCLI or open TAC ticket and share old backup file, TAC engienerin will resotre in his lab and export visualrf backup and share backup.

• 3.  RE: AirWave VisualRF - All maps disappeared

Posted Dec 19, 2018 09:49 AM

The issue is I do not know exactly when it stopped showing the maps. I only noticed it when I went to check something out. 

• 4.  RE: AirWave VisualRF - All maps disappeared

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 11:11 PM

I'd suggest 1st collecting all backups off of the AMP server, that way we have the oldest possible backup from this current point in time available.  And then open a support case, they can help look at the backups to see if there's anything in them that can be saved.  They'd also be able to provide just the VRF backup portion for you to use so you don't have to do a complete restore over the entire system.

• 5.  RE: AirWave VisualRF - All maps disappeared

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 08:15 AM

If you are not sure when this issue happened, we can check visuarlf audit log, if you dont find much info in logs, then share pre-upgrade backup along with nightly backup files to TAC team.

pre-upgrade backup is old version backup of your server. If you have upgraded from 8.2.5 to 8.2.7, airwave willl store 8.2.5 as pre-upgrade backup.