Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave VisualRF puts my clients in the corner....

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AirWave VisualRF puts my clients in the corner....

Posted Jun 04, 2019 11:45 AM

Hi

So I've set up a few sites in VisualRF and I've noticed a bit of a tendency for VisualRF to draw clients up in the top left corner.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a thing? Any tips?

I've drawn a boundary following the walls of the building, and drawn walls on the boundary. I've tried using the auto boundary/wall feature, as well as manually drawing it with or wihtout windows.

An example - spot the little fellas floating around outside the 8th floor:

visualrfexample.png

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: AirWave VisualRF puts my clients in the corner....

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2019 01:12 PM

Visualrf calculates the location for the clients based on triangulation the data send from AP. Ensure that at least 3 radios can hear each client devices at -85 dBm or below.

Do we have APs close to these clients which are outside floor plans? Or can we see whether these clients are able to hear atleast 3 APs?

• 3.  RE: AirWave VisualRF puts my clients in the corner....

Posted Jun 05, 2019 05:39 AM

So there are 10 APs on that floor; likelihood is that three could hear any client that is on the floor.

There could be corner cases - phones in bags, lockers etc where signal is so weak from a device that only one PA can 'hear' it... but surely, when we apply a 'boundary' on the floor map, and mark it with concrete walls around the edge... the software should be able to determine that the device is more than likely within the boundary, perhaps on the same trajectory away from the single 'hearing' AP, and perhaps on the boundary... but unlikely to be outside?

Otherwise.. what is the point of  a boundary?

... and why is it 9/10 in the top left of the diagram, rather than any of the other 3 corners?

• 4.  RE: AirWave VisualRF puts my clients in the corner....

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2019 12:47 PM

How was the floor plan measurement done on visualrf? Did we measure the door provided 3 feet ? Do we have excess of white space on the image? if so could we crop it and provide only the exact floor?

If its showing same behavior after above steps, i would recommend a tac case, as they can see the xml file and also see whether those clients hear 3 APs on visualrf and also help you with the fine tuning.