Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave client report by date?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AirWave client report by date?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 11:40 AM

How can I get a CSV export of connected clients by date? Basically the same thing as the 'Clients' dashboard item, I want a daily total of all connected clients. All the reports I can find, Client Sessions by SSID, Role, VLAN, etc, all combine the numbers across the range of dates. I need a daily total. 

• 2.  RE: AirWave client report by date?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 11:54 AM

You can create a new definition for client session report and there will be parameter to specify the data range in the report definition.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.22.57 PM.png

• 3.  RE: AirWave client report by date?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 12:03 PM

You can run custom report by creating custom definition of Client Inventory >> Clients and choose option "Active during report timeframe" under Limit to active devices drop down list and provide start and end time.

Capture.PNG

• 4.  RE: AirWave client report by date?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 12:46 PM

Thanks, but neither of these solutions seem to be what I need. When I select the start and end date of any of the reports, for example 30 days, then the reports combine that 30 day period into one number. What I need are the Daily totals for each day of that period. 

For example, here is exactly what I need, this comes from Cisco Prime: 

cm119_0-1585068238689.png

Per-SSID or hourly totals would be nice, but at a minimum i'm just looking for the raw daily client totals for a given date range. The 'Clients' dashboard widget is exactly what I need, the chart over time, I just need a CSV of it to get the real data!

• 5.  RE: AirWave client report by date?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 12:51 PM

It is not possible in Airwave its a feature request. If want daily count then create custom report definition of clients and run daily. If you run for 30 days it will shows total list of clients for thirty days but does not break the count per day.

File feature at innovate.arubanetworks.com