Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave newly added devices are DOWN

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  AirWave newly added devices are DOWN

Posted Aug 02, 2018 05:19 AM

Hi!

I configure a freshly installed AirWave server (ver 8.2.6.1). We have also purchased licenses, but first I try the EVAL version (90 days).

The problem is that if I add any device, these status is remain DOWN after hours. (There is only one exception, if I add custom device, that will be available shortly.)

I have configured the SNMP and telnet / ssh parameters in the test devices and in AirWave, but do not try to access or retrieve data based on device logs. Test devices can be reachable from the Airwave console (ping ok).

I tested with these devices:
    Aruba switch
    Aruba Controller
    HPE switch
    Cisco switch
    Juniper switch

By the way, where can HPE FlexConnect switches be categorized? HPE group has HPE OfficeConnect and HPE Unified Wired-WLAN switches in the list.

Lack of a better I've put them in the global router/switch category.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: AirWave newly added devices are DOWN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 06:34 AM

Try to edit a device (controller/switch) and re-enter the SNMPv2 read string.

• 3.  RE: AirWave newly added devices are DOWN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 10:06 AM

We're discussing plans to make it more clear how to add the Flex line switches, router/switch works fine for now.  When the actual entry appears, you'll want to delete and re-add.

As for devices showing as down - what's the down reason?  Is it lack of communication?  Failure to poll?  One thing to double check is the group -> basic tab to see what version of SNMP is used per device type.  Default is snmpv2 for the majority of device types.

You can also follow this how to for testing SNMP elements:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/AMP-Tip-8-2-6-AMPCLI-Enter-Commands-3-SNMP-debugging/td-p/421137