Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 10, why is there no details

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Airwave 10, why is there no details

Posted Mar 28, 2019 03:06 PM

Hi all,

I understand that Airwave 10 is a fairly big endeavour and is a complete rewrite of the current Airwave 8, but why has there been no updates since last July? Not even a small post or news on it... is it truly to keep the surprise for Atmosphere(which I sadly can no longer attend) or is this a much bigger project then first estimated and timelines are being heavily pushed back?

If anyone has any type of info, I would appreciate it. We have been struggling with stability issues on Airwave8.2.5.x and above(at 8.2.7.1 now) and since 10 was announced, we were looking at revamping our installations, potentially moving from hardware to vm and from single server to a cluster,etc... but the lack of any type of news has me worried. The rollout of 2930M switches across our network is also putting some pressure on getting more details on this new version/installation. I understand the current version already supports it, but with the performance issues we are currently facing, we cannot add 300-400 switches on top of it without expecting very significant impact.

Thanks for letting me know!

• 2.  RE: Airwave 10, why is there no details

Posted Mar 28, 2019 09:15 PM

welcome to the club.... been waiting waiting ....

• 3.  RE: Airwave 10, why is there no details

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2019 01:00 AM

As Airwave 10 is obviously not there, it is a roadmap item, you should discuss with your local SE. I'm sure he knows more about it. 

We cannot comment on it in this forum. 

• 4.  RE: Airwave 10, why is there no details

Posted Apr 03, 2019 10:55 AM

I have reached to my SE in the past months and could hear the crickets back or "at Atmosphere maybe". There should be a roadmap available for Aruba products. Again, posting this big presentation back in July 2018 and then absolutely no news for 9 months is not the best way to get your clients excited about a new product. 

I will reach out to my SE once Atmosphere is over and hope the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 10, why is there no details

Posted Apr 12, 2019 02:14 PM

Update for all. 

I just had a talk with an Aruba employee and he told me that there is no such thing as Airwave 10 anymore. they scrapped it... Airwave will keep its current 8.x stream in its current form and what was considered to be Airwave 10 is actually a completely different product (basically Aruba Central on Prem) for larger entreprises. There will be no rework of the current Airwave at this time.

Basically, good luck to all having issues with Airwave in its current form.

• 6.  RE: Airwave 10, why is there no details
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 02:44 PM

Team,

My apologies for the inconveniece. I am the Product Manager working on the next-gen on-premise management architecture.

Unfortunately we can't comment on this forum for roadmap items. Please reach out to your SE/Sales and request them to setup a meeting with me (Shiv Mehra). 

We will be more than happy to give you an update on whats coming.

Regards,
    Shiv