Network Management

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 7.6.3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 7.6.3

Posted Mar 27, 2013 02:28 PM

In Airwave 7.6.3 --> AMP Setup --> General --> Top Header --> Stats:

I check/uncheck boxes and it has no effect on the display. 

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Airwave 7.6.3

Posted Mar 27, 2013 05:12 PM

There's a global and a user-specific setting to that bar.

Quoting the Airwave User Guide:

You can control the Top Header Stats links that appear from the AMP Setup > General page, as described in Defining General AMP Server Settings. Top Header Stats can also be customized for individual users on the Home > User Info page. There you can select the statistics to display for certain device types and override the AMP Setup page.

Maybe you've customized your user-view and the global changes are overridden.

• 3.  RE: Airwave 7.6.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2013 05:46 PM

Keep in mind that when you're trying to make changes to the Top Header, after toggling the settings to display the desired, you have to 'save' at the bottom of the page to apply the change.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 7.6.3

Posted Mar 27, 2013 06:00 PM

Yes - I see the "save" button.  :smileyfrustrated:  Yes, I see the global (what I'm trying to change) and the users.  How about radius users?  That's what I am "in this case".  I am assuming that global and radius users might be the same?

I will open a support case.  Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 7.6.3
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2013 06:19 PM

Sorry to make you grumble with the save comment, but it's commonly missed since the page is so long depending on the screen layout and resolution (figured I'd just mention it just in case).

Radius users should be abiding by the Global (AMP Setup) portion - unless they have the override set on Home -> User Info.  The issue is that if you have several users and they are all toggling different options in AMP Setup, then you'll want them to use the Home -> User Info setting.  Check to make sure that your user does not have 'Customize Header Columns' checked on Home -> User Info if you're trying to adjust the Global (AMP Setup) portion.

Also, the header bar is loaded separately, so sometimes ctrl+r (F5 refresh) can help.  If you're updating the Top Header stats and not seeing the change on the Top Header, then you might also want to check and make sure there are no crash messages in /var/log/httpd/error_log & access_log.

• 6.  RE: Airwave 7.6.3

Posted Mar 27, 2013 06:38 PM

"quote ---  Home -> User Info setting.  Check to make sure that your user does not have 'Customize Header Columns' checked on Home -> User Info if you're trying to adjust the Global (AMP Setup) portion"

Thanks rgin - that was it. :smileyhappy:

I wasn't "grumbling"  It was a good suggestion - I was just being stupid.