Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 7.7.11 is there a way to view most used APs by time?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 7.7.11 is there a way to view most used APs by time?

Posted May 22, 2014 12:50 PM

I am wondering if there is a way to track which APs have the most clients on them at certain times of the day. As a member of IT I get to hear fun phrases like "It happens for everyone at like 2pm every day" which generally means 1 or 2 people are affected, but I'd like to do my dillegence trying to diagnose potential issues in the network. 

I think by being able to see where the majority of people are connected at certain times of the day may help me find some possible load balanced issues. 

So, is there a way to view which AP's have the most clients associated at a specific time? (I know I can look at each individual AP to see how many clients are connected) 

• 2.  RE: Airwave 7.7.11 is there a way to view most used APs by time?
    Best Answer

Posted May 23, 2014 08:43 AM

You could configure a Device Summary report and use the "Most by Maximum Concurrent Clients".  This will rank top utilized APs and display the following for each AP:

• Client count
    • Max clients
    • Total data
    • Avg usage

The data displayed is for the time frame you specified using the Report Start and Report End parameters. 

• 3.  RE: Airwave 7.7.11 is there a way to view most used APs by time?

Posted May 23, 2014 10:26 AM

Perfect. Not necessarily by the hour, but at least gives me some insight on which APs are being used the most. Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Airwave 7.7.11 is there a way to view most used APs by time?

Posted May 23, 2014 12:26 PM
    Yeah, that's unfortunately the only way I'm aware.

You could create many of these reports and change the start and end time for each business hour of the day. This would give you what you want, but split up amongst many reports. Not ideal, but that may be the closest thing to what you're looking for.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 7.7.11 is there a way to view most used APs by time?

Posted Jun 03, 2014 11:10 AM

Do you happen to know. Is there a way to tell what time of the day the max clients on that AP were reached? 

For example I have a few APs that I show having a max count of 36 clients. I'd be interested in knowing what time of the day that happened. 

Short of setting up the hourly report like we had talked about, do you know a way to decide? 

• 6.  RE: Airwave 7.7.11 is there a way to view most used APs by time?

Posted Jun 03, 2014 11:58 PM

Unfortunately, I do not know how to do that short of setting up the hourly report.  Sorry, but maybe someone else has a thought?