Network Management

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 7.7.7 (Controller 6.3.1.1) not importing configuration removals.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 7.7.7 (Controller 6.3.1.1) not importing configuration removals.

Posted Jan 04, 2014 02:03 PM

Hi All,

I'm not sure when this issue began, and a few events have occured between now and the last time I used to do this sort of thing. Specifically, the Airwave server and controller have both been upgraded (can't recall old versions running), and the Airwave server has rebooted due to power loss (the ESXI host lost power) in the interim.

Anyway, in this scenario, the Airwave only monitors the controller. It doesn't manage its config. In the past, if config changes occurred on the controller, a simple "import" would remove the mismatch alert.

However, now if I do this, some of the import doesn't seem to complete. More specifically and as a good example, I have an old VAP called "amigopod" (containing cascaded aaa, WLAN, dot1x profiles, user roles etc). Airwave correctly calls out that these are now "(not set)", but desired. However, if you go to "import" the fact that they should indeed be "not set", Airwave moves onto the next page with no changes highlighted as required.

Any ideas anybody?

• 2.  RE: Airwave 7.7.7 (Controller 6.3.1.1) not importing configuration removals.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2014 03:51 PM

Can you try the following:

1. Create a new group

2. Move the controller into this new group

3. import the config

• 3.  RE: Airwave 7.7.7 (Controller 6.3.1.1) not importing configuration removals.

Posted Jan 05, 2014 04:34 AM

Hi Seth,

I followed your instructions.

Much to my suprise, this didn't work. I.e. the problem remains with the controller in another group.

The mismatched appear (based on a quick read) to be the same.

Am I doing something wrong here?

• 4.  RE: Airwave 7.7.7 (Controller 6.3.1.1) not importing configuration removals.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2014 05:31 PM

We are looking into this...stay tuned.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 7.7.7 (Controller 6.3.1.1) not importing configuration removals.

Posted Jan 07, 2014 02:30 AM

Thanks very much Seth. If you need me to try something else, just shout.

• 6.  RE: Airwave 7.7.7 (Controller 6.3.1.1) not importing configuration removals.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2014 06:50 PM

OK...we have found a remote issue with removing parts of a profile and then trying to resolve the mismatch.  However, please open a case to track and see if yours is the same.