Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 7.7.x and clickable Aruba AP Groups

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 7.7.x and clickable Aruba AP Groups

Posted Mar 18, 2014 08:22 PM

All,

I know I've figured this out before... but I'm just scratching my head right now. I have a customer where we've successfully imported all of their controllers into Airwave. One of the controllers did have an issue with the username and password. We deleted that controller and successfully re-imported it. The one caveat is that the other controllers have clickable, hypertext "Aruba AP Groups" under the "APs / Devices" > List. The one controller just shows the Aruba AP Groups as text.

Anyone run into this issue? All of the controller are running the same code, Airwave is 7.7.9 and preferring AMON.

Thanks for the help!

-Mike

• 2.  RE: Airwave 7.7.x and clickable Aruba AP Groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2014 02:25 AM

boston1630,

Have you imported the configuration from that controller?  If you click on the link it points to the configuration within Airwave.  If it does not have a link, that means it does not have a configuration to link it to, just the ap-group from SNMP.

• 3.  RE: Airwave 7.7.x and clickable Aruba AP Groups

Posted Mar 21, 2014 08:16 AM

boston1630,

It's possible that the config import was attempted but it never succeeded, so the Aruba AP Group doesn't have a link because there is not config on AMP to link to.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 7.7.x and clickable Aruba AP Groups

Posted Sep 03, 2014 01:04 PM

All,

I'm circling back on this issue with another client and I can't remember how I was able to get this to work last time. I've tried the following:

1. "Import Settings" on the master controller

2. "Import Unreferenced Profiles" on the master controller.

In both examples, Airwave 7.7.12 states that there are no new entries to import.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

-Mike