Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.0.5 - Cannot update list of available IAP firmware

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.0.5 - Cannot update list of available IAP firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2014 07:10 AM

I've uploaded a bunch of different IAP firmware versions on the Device Setup --> Upload firmware and files page, but when I go to the group and firmware, some of them are not available to choose.

I've tried the button to 'update list of available firmware file' but depending on the browser it either timesout, crashes or fails.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.0.5 - Cannot update list of available IAP firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2014 11:23 PM

Images you upload should appear under Local images.  Images on the Image Server are based on a list that AOS has made available via Activate (the 'update' option updates this drop down list that shows under Image Server).

Are the images you've uploaded for IAPs you have in that particular group?  Are any of the images c-builds?

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.0.5 - Cannot update list of available IAP firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2014 02:04 AM

What was happening for example was for a 115.  I had three different images for this model on Airwave.  In the dropdown I had a choice of only one 115 version and two versions of the 225.  Clicking the button to update the list just timed out.

What do you mean by c-build?

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.0.5 - Cannot update list of available IAP firmware

Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:11 AM
    So Mike i have just gone through this.
    It would seem that you cannot have more than 1 image for the same model at one time on Airwave.

What I had to do was use the existing firmware entry and update its firmware to the version I wanted, at that point it appeared.

c-build is a customer specific build (engineering build) by engineering for you to fix or add whatever feature you need fixed or added.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8.0.5 - Cannot update list of available IAP firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2014 01:00 PM

That's peculiar, I'll have a QA team member take a closer look.

• 6.  RE: Airwave 8.0.5 - Cannot update list of available IAP firmware

Posted Nov 07, 2014 01:18 AM

seems you are trying to upgrade from local. 

check AMP Setup->General->Firmware Upgrade/Reboot Options->Allow firmware upgrades in monitor-only mode is enabled.

upgrade from local:

1. upload needed type firmare to airware. in ur case, for example:

ArubaInstant_Pegasus_6.3.1.8-4.0.0.8_46401

ArubaInstant_Centaurus_6.3.1.8-4.0.0.8_46401

AP version select list will show 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.8_46401.

2. No need to care about update button. this is for upgrade from remote server, in case user don't wanna download IAP image themselves. 

3. version select list only display version info without ap type info. user no need to care about ap type if already uploaded all needed type firmware for one version, airwave handle it auto. 

upgrade from remote image server:

1. Update button is to update ap firmware version list from remote server. it should be ok to update. after click update button, page hangs for abt 1 mins and responses a message:

List of Aruba Image Versions updated successfully.

or failed message:

Failed to update List of Aruba Image Versions.

2. if user already manual upload firmware to airwave, for example: 4.0.0.7. 

then version will display under Local (displayed in Aruba Instant Virtual Controller selecting list),

will not display under Image Server(displayed in Aruba Instant Virtual Controller selecting list).