Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.2.5 Topology

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.2.5 Topology

Posted Oct 09, 2017 03:07 PM

Hello All,
    I know previously there were issues getting topology to show for certain switches in the initial 8.2.4.1 version. I also had issues getting this to show due to the neighbors menu under each swtich being empty. I recently upgraded to 8.2.5 and it appears that this menu is being populated! Unfortunately it looks like my topology view is still empty. When I try and narrow down to a specific nodeid "https://airwaveip/topology?nodeId=383"

I get the following error message.

"No link found to device (ID: 383)."

Ive let the enviroment set for about 4 hours now, but nothing has populated yet.

Also, I am running Juniper Switches. Mainly EX3300s and 4300s

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.2.5 Topology

Posted Oct 10, 2017 05:20 PM

Hi,

Are you seeing all the neighbours list in switch's APs/Device>monitor page in Airwave.

If we are not seeing neighbours in APs/Device>monitor page then it wont show topology, could you cross check wether CDP/LLDP is enabled on devices.

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.2.5 Topology

Posted Oct 10, 2017 05:28 PM
    Yes I do see neighbors under the switches. Just nothing it topology. I did open a TAC case for this as well.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.2.5 Topology

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 11:51 AM

Please open a case with the Aruba TAC. Topology is a relatively new feature and I have seen big improvements between releases. I'm not sure if the Juniper switches were tested, and that might be related to what you (don't) see.

TAC can investigate the issue.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8.2.5 Topology

Posted Oct 16, 2017 03:28 PM

Same thing in 8.2.5 with Avaya Switches, No link found to device (ID: 1523). But on the Device its Self Neighbors and Connected Devices has Data all using LLDP.