Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8 - IPv6 support

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8 - IPv6 support

Posted Jul 14, 2015 01:08 PM

Hi!

I have Airwave 8.0.8.1 and I would like to configure it with an IPv6 address (mask, gateway and DNS) for internal and admin access, since our network is already dual stack (v4/v6).

Unfortunatelly I can't see that option in the menu (Airwave Setup => Network) where only IPv4 is present.

Can someone tell me how to configure that?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8 - IPv6 support

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8 - IPv6 support

Posted Jul 15, 2015 06:09 AM

Hi Tim;

Thanks for your support.

I just configured IPv6 parameters in Linux as you mention, anyhow the webserver is not responding yet in v6.

I assume that some more configs are needed in the webserver side to listen both in v4 and v6, right?

Is expected in the Airwave roadmap any feature for IPv6 native support for GUI interface?

BR,

Tomaz.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8 - IPv6 support
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 15, 2015 01:39 PM

Hi!

I edited "pound.cfg" and now I can access via HTTPS to the werbservice.

Anyhow this is not a trivial config and should be enhanced for a quick and simple config.

I don't know yet if all the IP fields of Airwave will accept IPv6, for example adding a controller via its IPv6 address.

Tomaz.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8 - IPv6 support

Posted Jul 16, 2015 08:24 AM
    can you share the details? maybe make a feature request as well

• 6.  RE: Airwave 8 - IPv6 support

Posted Nov 02, 2015 08:02 AM

Assuming that you have already configured IPv6 address in the system and you confirmed that you can ping the server with its IPv6 address, you just need to edit /etc/pound.cfg and replace every occurence of "Address 0.0.0.0" with "Address ::".

After saving the file, execute "service pound restart" to restart this HTTP reverse proxy software.

To try to accessing the web platform write in your browser

https://[<your server IPv6 address>]/