Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8: Opening new browser tab from Search Result

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8: Opening new browser tab from Search Result

Posted Oct 03, 2014 12:59 PM

Hi,

Does someone have any tricks on how do you open up new browser tab/window from the search result in Airwave 8? This is one of the common task that I do when I want to look for multiple APs at the same time or look at certain controller that has the same keywords in it while on Airwave 7. And, Airwave 8 seems to have taken away this function. 

Thanks,

Tan 

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8: Opening new browser tab from Search Result
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2014 03:23 PM

In AMP Setup --> general, set the Seach method to the below and then a search will open up the results in a full page window.  From there, you should be able to use the shortcut keys to open new tabs.

Screenshot 2014-10-03 15.21.30.png

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8: Opening new browser tab from Search Result

Posted Oct 07, 2014 07:46 AM

Thanks Seth for your workaround, it does work but it is A LOT slower compared when I use the default Search preference "Active, historical clients + All devices" vs "Active Clients + All Categories".

The default search setting "Active, historical clients + All devices" return the result back in 4seconds while the other one returns back the device list "All AP & controller in one list" in 16seconds (4 times slower) and the rogues list is even slower "around 40seconds". Do need the rogue list? Most probably not, in most cases. It doesn't look like we are making it more efficient and more user friendly, are we?

Just my 2 cents.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8: Opening new browser tab from Search Result

Posted Oct 15, 2014 09:28 AM

Hi Seth,

Is it possible to add one more option to display results like what is in the default setting "Active + historical clients (exact match) + all device" and present the result in the HTML page format rather than in a table which is unclickable? I suppose this would be a feature request. My only problem with your proposed search method on all categories is that it is ALOT slower than the previous method.  

I've marked your suggestion as the accepted solution for the time being. Hopefully, we can have a better solution than this. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question..