Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave - Cisco WLC Client Statistics Empty

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave - Cisco WLC Client Statistics Empty

Posted Jun 12, 2020 07:27 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All

We have Airwave, purchased to manage a mixed environment of Cisco and Aruba. For our Aruba kit, Airwave appears to be working fine.

For Cisco - we get nothing on the client pages in terms of utilisation stats, clarity timeline, etc.

For example, utilisation charts are empty. Oddly, the 'utilisation' stat below the charts is not empty, it correctly sees some throughput. That makes me think that airwave is getting the data, but not playing nice with it.

Is anyone else managing Cisco with Airwave? Do you get stats? Did you have to apply specific config to the controllers or Airwave to get it working?

What I'd like to see is it working like this video (4:30 onwards) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TwP62Ec6YY

Airwave: 8.2.10.1

Cisco: Lots of version all 8.x

Thanks

Aaron

• 2.  RE: Airwave - Cisco WLC Client Statistics Empty

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2020 03:57 PM

Usage chart should show up for Cisco WLAN. If not, i would suggest to open a TAC case to troubleshoot. Clarity is through AMON from Aruba devices which AirWave doesn't get from Cisco currently.

• 3.  RE: Airwave - Cisco WLC Client Statistics Empty

Posted Jun 16, 2020 04:15 AM

Hi

Thanks for the reply - so on further inspection, it seems the server had stopped processing SNMP but was processing AMON (hence I was getting Aruba stats, but not Cisco, and some other high-level stuff on the dashboard was broken).

however... now that is resolved... I can't understand how on that video I posted above, at 5:00, the guy clicks on a Cisco wireless client, and flicks to the Clarity tab, and gets some timeline info. I can't believe he would fake it though...?

Is there some way to get that data to AirWave? e.g. can it interpret SNMP traps or something to build that data?

Thanks

Aaron