Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Client Activity Reports

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Airwave Client Activity Reports

Posted May 23, 2019 05:11 AM

Hi,

Any tips on creating an Airwave client activity reporting showing things like:

client connection times

client device type

client traffic analysis (from PEF)

...all for ONE particular client over a time period of say one month.

Everything I've tried just gives me summary data of the whole system even when I use the 'client search filter' with a username.

Many thanks.

• 2.  RE: Airwave Client Activity Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2019 07:27 AM

We can run custom report for below options which will provide client device type and connection details but we can not get application data for sepcific client, you have to run complete Traffic analysis report which provide app data for top 10 clients not specific client.

• Client Inventory: Device Type Summary
    • Client Inventory: Clients

• 3.  RE: Airwave Client Activity Reports

Posted May 23, 2019 07:56 AM

Thanks Pavan,

That's pretty much as far as I got, although it doesn't give me individual connection times.

I extracted that by exporting the Association History from the GUI.

Not ideal, especially with European GDPR legislation that states I need to be able to provide all data stored about a subject.

Also, the application data per user is in there somewhere because you can drill down in the GUI under Traffic Analysis, but I can find no way to identify all traffic types for a particular user.

Appreciate your input though.  :)

• 4.  RE: Airwave Client Activity Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2019 08:37 AM

If you are looking at client session count and it associated APs, you can choose  Session-Data by Devcie-SSID from Client session Type and regarding App data for a client you can navigate to

Traffic Analysis > Users > Select user > Click on Application

• 5.  RE: Airwave Client Activity Reports

Posted May 23, 2019 09:59 AM

There doesn't seem to be any way to search for the user in the Traffic Analysis screens and we have over 40k users.  :(

• 6.  RE: Airwave Client Activity Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2019 07:32 AM

If you are looking traffic analysis data for specific active client then you can search with username/mac address on top right and navigate to clients>diagnostic page to view traffic anlaysis  or clients>connected page and look for active client  but for inactive clients you have to go to Traffice Analysis>Users section and from list search manually with useraname to view traffic analysis data.