Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Client Connection Mode "-"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave Client Connection Mode "-"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2018 05:45 PM

Do you guys know what the "-" represents in the client connection mode? 2nd one from the bottom.

Capture.PNG

• 2.  RE: Airwave Client Connection Mode "-"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 12:41 PM

Entries with a '-' could be for several reasons.  More often it's from a client who roamed and the data packet with the roam data was missing.  It could also be clients in a pre-auth role.

For whatever reason, the connection data didn't show which band the client was attempting to connect on.  Since it's 5 unique clients, you might try configuring an alert for whenever those 5 clients are seen in the network.  That way you can check if anything shows up in the controller logs around the same time.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Client Connection Mode "-"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 02:20 PM

Thanks Robert :-) @rgin

When I filler all clients by connection mode  "-" in the connected tab there are not any. But when I do this in the all clients tab I get a few. 

Actually, the ones that come up as connection mode "-" in all devices tab are showing correctly as "wired" in the connected tab.

They seem to all be wired connections behind ap205s that we are using. But, many more similar devices wired to our ap205h(s) are coming up correctly in the connection mode "wired" Not sure why these few are not.

Again, it is only showing connection mode "-" for these devices in the all devices tab and not in the connected tab. 

Thanks again man!