Network Management

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Re: Airwave Client Count Discrepancy

"Prefer AMON" has been broken for quite some time, and is slowly getting better.  It used to be

client count was way off and randonly so, now it seems it is just off by a contant factor.  Hospitality port client count is always 0 with "Prefer AMON."

Some of this may be explained by packet loss of AMON packets.  The latest ArubaOS changes

the fragmentation behavior so it does not lose as many full packets when a fragment is lost.  We

have not tried that yet.

It was also suggested to us that Airwave works better with certain SNMP traps sent to it.  Then

we tried SNMPv3 and found that to be broken on the controller side, and have not yet decided whether to try lower-reliability versions of SNMP.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

For what it's worth, the last response we received from TAC was that the user count in Airwave with AMON enabled was including unauthenticated users in the station table and that is why the numbers were skewed.

Highlighted
Contributor I

Hi,

Anyone still experiencing this kind of client count discrepancy using Airwave 8.2.2?

I tried setting the "Prefer AMON vs SNMP Polling" to NO, but that made no diffrence on the client count (around 10% less) compared to number reported by the controllers...

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Please open a TAC case.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Contributor I

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the advice. I will open a TAC case.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: