Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Device name

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Airwave Device name

Posted Mar 21, 2017 09:42 AM

I just noticed under the APs/Devices list that airwave is showing the name of my accesspoints as well as the name of the switch its connected to in parentheses.

Example AP101-office-VP (AP124-r1-1b116.company.com)

Im not running AP124s any more and only have 225. Im trying to figure out 1, how did the switch name just start coming up, and 2 why it shows AP124?

• 2.  RE: Airwave Device name

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 09:55 AM

Hi, are you able to post a screenshot to help us understand further? Are you certain the switch hasn't been added to AirWave using SNMP polling or anything? Same with the AP124, if these have apppeared on a controller then they will be displayed in AirWave.

What does the devices details say when you drill down into the AP124's in AirWave?

• 3.  RE: Airwave Device name

Posted Mar 21, 2017 10:02 AM

I am not able to, PAVAN below suggested a solution, and it worked. Now im just trying to figure out why it happened on some of them, but not all of my APs.

• 4.  RE: Airwave Device name

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi Pigpen,

In AMP Setup > General page>Display section , set AP Fully Qualified Domain Name Options to Do not use FQDN and check the status.

Regards,

Pavan

if my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 5.  RE: Airwave Device name

Posted Mar 21, 2017 10:01 AM

That did the trick. Im trying to understand why some APs were showing the FQDN and some werent? 

• 6.  RE: Airwave Device name

Posted Oct 01, 2018 03:05 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I have an issue where in the Device Name is not showing up for the Switch for a partcular Group only.

In the attached sceenshot, the first highlighted field is empty. But its showing correctly for other groups.

• 7.  RE: Airwave Device name

Posted Oct 01, 2018 03:31 AM
      |   view attached

Dear ,

In our device list is showing properly controller and device model .

Firmware is using 8.2.7

• 8.  RE: Airwave Device name

Posted Oct 01, 2018 05:49 AM

As mentioned, the issue is only with particular group

• 9.  RE: Airwave Device name

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 10:14 AM

I suggest opening a support case. I'd expect that if it works in 1 group, it should work for all groups.  Support can at least run some captures and check the logs to see if anything stands out about the group.

• 10.  RE: Airwave Device name

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 09:44 AM

Ankita,

Does Audit configuraiton option enabled in that particular Group>Basic page, if not try enable and  do manual audit from APs/Devices>Config page and import the setting.