Network Management

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave + IAP -- Be able to pre-configure AMP group settings

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave + IAP -- Be able to pre-configure AMP group settings

Posted Feb 06, 2014 10:26 AM

So when you configure an IAP to talk back to an Airwave server, it autocreates an AMP group and folder for you.

Most if not all the time, you go in and change the default values of the groups basic settings.

I would love to have the ability within AMP to pre-determine global group settings for IAPs that will autocreate their groups.

Like change regulator domain from US to Canada, overwrite polling times, etc..

I have submitted an idea and if this is something you think is worthwhile, please feel free to promote it.

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/prm/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08740000000LEZN

Thanks,

Pasquale

• 2.  RE: Airwave + IAP -- Be able to pre-configure AMP group settings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2014 01:59 PM

Great idea!  I've heard several similar requests as well.  In the meantime, instead of waiting for the IAP to create the group in AirWave, you can create the group prior to the IAP coming online -> that way it will have the desired reg domain, overrides, etc.  Another feature to make use of is the 'duplicate' feature on the Group -> List (far right column).  There are limitations to the duplicate group feature, but it will at least copy the main group basic settings.

• 3.  RE: Airwave + IAP -- Be able to pre-configure AMP group settings

Posted Feb 06, 2014 02:07 PM

Ya thanks Rob.

It is definitely something I think would benefit AMP.