Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave, IMC or both?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Airwave, IMC or both?

Posted Aug 04, 2019 12:37 PM

we're currently using older version of IMC and would need to upgrade and then configure all the switches to point to the new installation (it's somewhat in a wrong network for historical reason). I'm wondering about the current status of IMC vs Airwave, should we just go straight to Airwave instead of having the hassle of updating IMC? As we also use Cisco Prime I would like to make the monitoring environment a bit easier to manage with less tools.

For access switches SNMP traps and SNMP/ping monitoring would be good enough. And configuration backups would be great too. We're not really using IMC to push configs currently so it wouldn't matter if Airwave couldn't push the configs.

How is the Airwave support for Comware/Juniper etc, can we upload MIBs and monitor interfaces for those? From what I've understood we can't really use Prime to monitor non-Cisco devices

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Airwave, IMC or both?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 11:52 AM

Hi,

Please look at the supported device matrix guide for Airwave.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=35422

We cannot upload a MIB to Airwave. They have inbuilt MIB files for the supported devices and universal MIB for generic Switches.