Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave ISO Install

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Airwave ISO Install

Posted Apr 14, 2014 04:38 PM

I'm attempting a new install of Airwave via ISO and I'm running into an error "Can't find file" when trying to boot from GRUB. I edited teh kernal and the initrd location to the /isolinux directory in the ISO and was able to install CentOS 6.2 but it appears to be a barebones install. There is no airwave script waiting for me. I poked around a bit and installed the airwave rpm from the Packages folder and rebooted and the script was there but the script failed after I set the date and time because make was not find. I'm guessing none of the packages were installed.

Does anyone have any tips for a fresh install? I'm going to start over tomorrow but was hoping for some advice before hand.

Thanks!

Rosie

• 2.  RE: Airwave ISO Install

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2014 05:42 PM

How are you mounting the ISO?  Did you burn it to a CD?  Is it a USB CD?

• 3.  RE: Airwave ISO Install

Posted Apr 14, 2014 05:57 PM

I burned it to a DVD.

• 4.  RE: Airwave ISO Install

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2014 05:58 PM

is it a USB DVD?

• 5.  RE: Airwave ISO Install

Posted Apr 14, 2014 06:13 PM

No it's internal. Would it be possible to just install the files in the Packages folder and then run the amp-install command?

• 6.  RE: Airwave ISO Install

Posted Apr 14, 2014 08:27 PM

Not sure if I mentioned it but I was installing 7.7.9. and I couldn't download it from Chrome on a Windows 7 machine or a Mac runing Mavericks. I could in IE and Safari.

Here is the chrome error I was getting:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access denied</Message>
    </Error>

• 7.  RE: Airwave ISO Install
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 15, 2014 09:51 AM

I think I may have figured it out. I went home last night and tried it on a virtualbox and everything went smooth. This morning I switched from UEFI boot settings to BIOS and things look normal. I'll update here if I'm being overly optimistic.