Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

Posted Feb 20, 2018 11:57 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea on how to import Ekahau maps into airwave? I've been looking everywhere and cannot find any instructions. There are several mentions in the manual about gathering data from Ekahau, but no actual instructions on it. I also tried exporting / importing as WCS and that does not work either. 

• 2.  RE: Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 10:35 AM

This feature used to work until the formatting of the ekahau backup changed.  It's currently a feature request that you can upvote: https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/NMS-I-126

• 3.  RE: Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:29 PM

I was afraid of that. I would upvote, but it is telling me I do not have access to the site. :) 

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

Posted Feb 27, 2018 10:50 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else is looking for a solution to this, but I've kind of found one. I exported the maps into WCS format in Ekahau, and spun up a VM with Airwave 8.0.3 running. I was able to import the maps using 8.0.3 and then export them into VisualRF format and import them into the latest version of Airwave...  It appears just the WCS import function is broke in the latest versions of Airwave. It is kind of a long way around aproach, but for someone not wanting to have to redraw maps in VisualRF it saves a lot of time.

• 5.  RE: Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

Posted Aug 07, 2019 10:36 PM

Has this been implemented yet?

• 6.  RE: Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2019 11:19 AM

See 8.2.7.1 release notes

current release at this time is 8.2.9.1

==snippet==

Importing from Ekahau Backups
    If you use Ekahau 9.2 for Wi-Fi planning and site surveying, you can import data from a backup into VisualRF.

• 7.  RE: Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 01:02 PM

Anyone know if this function has changed with the V10 release of ekahau?

• 8.  RE: Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

Posted Aug 14, 2019 01:21 PM

It's working fine for me. 

I am running AirWave 8.2.8.1 and the Last version of Ekahau. 

• 9.  RE: Airwave - Importing Ekahau Maps

Posted Aug 14, 2019 01:22 PM

Got it working, thanks!