Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Installation problem

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 12, 2012 03:14 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am new to airwave. I downloaded AMP-7.2.5.iso file from support.arubanetworks.com I have 32bit PC and that file is also of 32bit. When trying to install Airwave in VMware Workstation I experienced the problem that is attached as attachment.

After that I downloaded CENTOS file name CentOS-5.1 DVD.iso it installed successfully but know again I am unable to install Airwave please tell me that how can I Install airwave I followed Airwave User guide but unsuccessful. Please help me.

Regards,

faisal 

• 2.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2012 04:10 AM

The AMP iso will also install the OS.  No need to install Centos first.  Just boot off the AMP iso.

:smileyhappy:

• 3.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 12, 2012 05:11 AM
      |   view attached

I tried but having a problem AMP ISO could not start due to some errors. the snapshot of error  is attached for your kind information

• 4.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2012 08:14 AM

The only issue I have run into installing it on a desktop in VMWare is that the disk needs to be a virtual SCSI disk (not IDE). Make sure you setup your disk that way before installing.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 13, 2012 01:14 AM
      |   view attached

I made 2 VMs, 1 has SCSI and another has IDE Harddisk. But problem remain same.  Problem snapshot is attached please see attachment.           I might be possible that there is problem in AMP iso, i am downloading again .

Regards,

Faisal

• 6.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 13, 2012 06:36 AM
      |   view attached

Problem remains same.

Please help

• 7.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 15, 2012 02:15 AM

Hi,

I am installing Aairwave in CentOS but got a problem.  I have 32bit OS and downloading the amp+linux OS from support.arubanetworks.com and version of amp is AMP 7.2.5.ISO 32bit distribution. When i used this ISO in virtual machine workstation as step by step mentioned in AMP User-guide I experienced an error whose snapshot is attached named as Error 1
    Later that i download independent CENTOS ISO and installed it. It  installed successfully now after that i downloaded the AMP package whose  name is: AMP-7.2.5 .rpm and install it in CentOS by double clicking the package , after installing it I used terminal Box to Completely Install AMP-7.2.5 .rpm by using the following command " ./amp-install ", it started with no problem but during step 3 gave me an error whose screenshot is also attached named as Error 2 for your kind reference. Please help me that how can i resolve this problem. 
    one more thing that when i goto my home directory/amp folder and double click on AMP-Install terminal windows appears but during step 3 window vanished and there is no sign of AMP installation i waited more thn 1 hour but there is no effect.
    Please Help me.
    Regards,
    Faisal

• 8.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 15, 2012 07:37 PM

I'm curious why you wanted 7.2.5.  It's an older release and I'd recommend you try 7.4.8.  That will require that you run 64-bit.

If you try with the latest version of AMP and are still getting install errors, I'd recommend you contact TAC.

• 9.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 16, 2012 02:12 AM

Sir i don't have 64bit OS thats why i am trying to use 32bit

• 10.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Apr 13, 2012 12:25 PM

I had several false starts getting a virtual machine set up to correctly mimic the hardware that the ISO wanted to install on.

I changed virtual chipsets, and virtual drive controllers a few times before the ISO would read correctly and pass the first error, once I defeated that error, the rest of the install went fine.

--Matthew

• 11.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 13, 2012 06:38 AM
      |   view attached

I tried but having a problem AMP ISO could not start due to some errors. the snapshot of error  is attached for your kind information

I downloaded again AMP iso but unsuccessful

• 12.  RE: Airwave Installation problem

Posted Mar 15, 2012 02:15 AM

Hi, I am installing Aairwave in CentOS but got a problem. I have 32bit OS and downloading the amp+linux OS from support.arubanetworks.com and version of amp is AMP 7.2.5.ISO 32bit distribution. When i used this ISO in virtual machine workstation as step by step mentioned in AMP User-guide I experienced an error whose snapshot is attached named as Error 1. Later that i download independent CENTOS ISO and installed it. It installed successfully now after that i downloaded the AMP package whose name is: AMP-7.2.5 .rpm and install it in CentOS by double clicking the package , after installing it I used terminal Box to Completely Install AMP-7.2.5 .rpm by using the following command " ./amp-install ", it started with no problem but during step 3 gave me an error whose screenshot is also attached named as Error 2 for your kind reference. Please help me that how can i resolve this problem. one more thing that when i goto my home directory/amp folder and double click on AMP-Install terminal windows appears but during step 3 window vanished and there is no sign of AMP installation i waited more thn 1 hour but there is no effect. Please Help me. Regards, Faisal