Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave License - Invalid IP

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Airwave License - Invalid IP

Posted Jan 29, 2019 04:03 PM

Hi All,

I just got around to claiming all of our Airwave licenses and registering them to an IP address.

When I add them to the Airwave server, under the Valid column I see this:  No (invalid IP)

I've verified that the IP address for each of our 19 licenses correspond to an AP that has already been added to the airwave server, so I don't understand why the invalid error is being displayed.

Right now, we are running under the 90-day trial, I was hoping by adding these licenses we could exit the trial mode.

• 2.  RE: Airwave License - Invalid IP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 09:44 PM

Are we adding permanat license on Airwave and is that the showing invalid IP?

If so could you make sure the IP of Airwave server(given for eth0 interface) and the IP on the license key is same?

Airwave license is tied to IP address of the server, so we need to make sure the IP is same.

• 3.  RE: Airwave License - Invalid IP

Posted Jan 30, 2019 11:04 AM

so the IP address of the license needs to be the airwave server, not the access points?

I guess I'll need to see if I can unregister all of those licenses and reregister them with a new IP address

• 4.  RE: Airwave License - Invalid IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 11:07 AM
    Yes you are right. Airwave servers license should have Airwave servers IP

• 5.  RE: Airwave License - Invalid IP

Posted Apr 12, 2022 10:28 AM
    Hello. I used a wrong IP address for registering my  licence Airwave.

How to undone my mistake?

------------------------------
    CEVEQUE Matthieu

• 6.  RE: Airwave License - Invalid IP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 14, 2022 03:59 AM
    Access License Management and choose the option to Transfer AirWave licenses. However, if you do it too many times you will need to speak to TAC.

Craig Syme