Network Management

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Licensing

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave Licensing

Posted Oct 10, 2012 05:04 AM

We have customer who purchased Airwave on Oct 27 2010 , and it is not  installed till now due to their site readiness.

Now they want to install the same and when I was checking the license document i was seeining the contract end date as oct 27 2011, Does the license will be still valid and only the support expires on this date ?

Can I use the same license/serial number for installing the latest version of Airwave currently vailable.

Regards,

Aji N C

• 2.  RE: Airwave Licensing

Posted Oct 10, 2012 11:42 AM

To get the latest firmware you will need to get support.  I'm not sure if you can register the license since there is no support but you can try doing so at licensing.arubanetworks.com.  If it doesn't work, contact Aruba's customer care and see what assistance they can give you but I would recommend the customer keep an active support contract either way.

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Airwave Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2012 12:13 PM

The download folder via the support.arubanetworks.com site is linked to having an active support account.  The end customer can still try opening a support case even if their account is inactive.

Do they already have a license key?  Is the license key a permanent license key?  If so, it should work with almost any version of AirWave as long as it doesn't have an expiration date in the actual license.  The license key did go through a few permutations as the product name was changed from AMP to AWMS to AirWave.  But support should be able to replace any permanent key with a new permanent key since the product was purchased.