Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

[ Airwave Logs ] Quick Purge All RADIUS Authentication and Accounting Errors

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  [ Airwave Logs ] Quick Purge All RADIUS Authentication and Accounting Errors

Posted Jul 05, 2020 04:30 PM

Hello,

Do I need to contact Aruba for them to generate me a root support user to effectively purge all of my RADIUS logs?

The context of this is I've been designing a new 802.1X system and I've amassed 140K Authentication issues and around half that in Accounting issues over two weeks.

Wiping them 500 at a time doesn't sound ideal to me, and I've been in the CLI under the hood before so I know I can just purge /var/log/x-log.

Wasn't sure if there was a way to do it from the GUI.

Thanks for your time

• 2.  RE: [ Airwave Logs ] Quick Purge All RADIUS Authentication and Accounting Errors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2020 11:52 AM

From ampcli we can run the cleanup command. However, this will remove all the old logs.
    I would suggest opening a TAC case so that from shell we can check the file and delete it.

• 3.  RE: [ Airwave Logs ] Quick Purge All RADIUS Authentication and Accounting Errors

Posted Jul 06, 2020 03:29 PM

Hey Vishnu,

I ran cleanup just now from AMP cli, it purged 9GB, but all the Auth and Accounting logs are still present in Airwave. 

Is there any arguments I need to add to >cleanup ?

• 4.  RE: [ Airwave Logs ] Quick Purge All RADIUS Authentication and Accounting Errors
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2020 03:49 PM

There is no argument we can add from ampcli. I would suggest opening a TAC case so that we can remove it from shell.

• 5.  RE: [ Airwave Logs ] Quick Purge All RADIUS Authentication and Accounting Errors

Posted Jul 06, 2020 03:57 PM

Ok thank you much.