Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave, Managing Legacy Procurve Switches

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Airwave, Managing Legacy Procurve Switches

Posted Oct 09, 2018 11:23 PM

Hi

Looking to take on the management of large number (1500 devices) of legacy Procurve switches pre 16.x models in Airwave.

Is it possible to perform firmware pushes on these legacy switches?

I know it is possible to do config snipit changes on e.g. 2910al switches but how far back does that support go. Some of the legacy switches are 2524 through 2510 2520 2600 2610 2800 4200 5300xl 5400zl. Is there a matrix of Procurve switches supported by AirWave.

• 2.  RE: Airwave, Managing Legacy Procurve Switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 04:02 AM

Please consult the 'Airwave Supported Devices' guide for your version of Airwave. That document for Airwave 8.2.7 can be found here: https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/31022/Default.aspx 

• 3.  RE: Airwave, Managing Legacy Procurve Switches

Posted Oct 11, 2018 02:47 AM

+1

Support for the 2626 partial config should be nice to!

• 4.  RE: Airwave, Managing Legacy Procurve Switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 09:29 AM

I don't have those switch models in the lab, but the new config snippet feature (8.2.7) should be working for those switch models.  Try it out.  If it's not working, please open a TAC case to track as a defect.

• 5.  RE: Airwave, Managing Legacy Procurve Switches

Posted Oct 11, 2018 06:08 PM

Hi Rob

I have been able to use the config snippet feature on a 2910al. This review started as a request to look at consolidating all devices onto a single management platform. Currently the switch fleet is either not being managed or managed with a various set of tools e.g. iMC, NeDi or Solar Winds. A driving factor is now security with regard to vunerabilities in firmware. What AirWave lacks is the ability to push firmware to the ProCurve legacy switch fleet. I feel that iMC is still more suited to our current enviornment. It has a larger supported device base.

As we move forward in time and standardise our wired networking fleet Airwave may be a better option. I hope that Aruba will continue to develop the wired mangement functionality in AirWave.

Cheers

• 6.  RE: Airwave, Managing Legacy Procurve Switches

Posted Oct 12, 2018 02:22 AM

• 7.  RE: Airwave, Managing Legacy Procurve Switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2018 04:00 AM

Roy, as suggested by Robert above, please open a TAC case.