Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Master - Slave out of sync

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave Master - Slave out of sync

Posted Aug 23, 2013 10:42 AM

Hello,

I have an Airwave master connected to some slaves.

On the master I created a global group with a global template to push it to the slaves.

But now I see, that the global template on one slaves doesn't look like my original template on the master.

Some basic settings like "Regulatory Domain", "Group Display Options" or "Timezone" are still the default settings.

On another slave the sync is working normal.

Is there a possibility to force the master/slave to check again the global template and update it?

How is this working, is it a push from master to slave or is it a pull from slave to the master?

My Airwave version is 7.6.2.

Thanks a lot!

Sven

• 2.  RE: Airwave Master - Slave out of sync

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2013 06:17 PM

Assuming that the credentials the Master Console uses to communicate with the AMP are correct.

On the Master Console:

Go to Home -> Managed Group Status

What's the state for the AMP that's showing up out of sync?

The communication between Master Console and AMPs is over XML.  You can track issues from the Master Console side in /var/log/mc_config_pusher.  Any crashes in the log?

• 3.  RE: Airwave Master - Slave out of sync

Posted Aug 27, 2013 01:26 AM

Hi,

the state of all eight slaves is "good" on the master.

But still two of them are not in sync.

I tried to push the template again by changing one setting on the master template.

This change was pushed out to all, but still I see the some other settings like "Group Display Options" with wrong values.

I checked the logfile, but there are only messages from one slave which is in sync.

Maybe it is a good idea to restart one slave to see if it is getting in sync after connecting again to the master?

Thanks a lot!

Sven

• 4.  RE: Airwave Master - Slave out of sync

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2013 10:17 AM

Before trying a reboot, you can try to simulate reboot behavior.  Typically, I do that by changing the password used by Master Console to talk to the AMPs.  I set it to an incorrect password, and then after 2 pollings, I'll return it back to the correct password.  This saves on actual reboot.  If this is still continuing to cause issue, the next step would be to open a support case so they can look at the Master Console side by side with the AMPs.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Master - Slave out of sync

Posted Aug 27, 2013 11:55 AM

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

I changed the PW on the master and later turned it back, but still the global template has wrong credentials....

I checked the amp_events because of some other topics here in this forum and found that:

Tue Aug 27 16:23:13 2013 Warning: No data has been processed since AMP reboot (Thu Jun 6 16:22:00 2013). System RAPIDS
    Tue Aug 27 17:23:13 2013 Warning: No data has been processed since AMP reboot (Thu Jun 6 16:22:00 2013). System RAPIDS

Because it is a new airwave at the moment there is no device managed by it. But this messages every hour are looking very strange to me.

Thanks again!

Sven

• 6.  RE: Airwave Master - Slave out of sync

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2013 12:02 PM

Double check that the version of the Master Console matches that of all the AMPs.  If it's all matching up, then open a support case so that they can assist in troubleshooting further as I've been unable to fully reproduce this issue in the lab.

• 7.  RE: Airwave Master - Slave out of sync

Posted Aug 28, 2013 05:00 AM

I did some more research for that.

1. Restart the services on the slave = templates are still not valid

2. Delete slave on the master

3. The global templates are still available, but I can delete now

4. Add the slave again on the master

5. Auto sync is in progress

6. Now the global templates are okay :smileyhappy:

I will contact my support partner to check that on the other not working slave again and then we will open a support case.

I will keep this thread updated!

Sven