Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Network Usage report

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave Network Usage report

Posted Nov 04, 2016 08:00 AM
      |   view attached

I have a monthly Network Usage report running using the Network Usage: Client Count widget and wanted to see if I'm correct in my thinking on this report.  I want to get the total number of unique users for each SSID for the month.  I'm thinking the max number of clients in the attached report are unique MAC addresses for each client.  And when I run the report again next month a MAC address that was associated the month before would still be in the report.

• 2.  RE: Airwave Network Usage report
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2016 05:45 PM

For a breakdown by SSID, you might have better luck trying the Client Session report.  Or you can create a custom report definition to include just the portions from Client Session that are SSID based:

Session Data by SSID (List)

Session Data by SSID (Charts)

Summary

The summary will give you the unique clients count (designated as unique mac addresses).  The SSIDs charts and graphs will reflect if the client switched between SSIDs at all, and give some rough ideas of the most used SSIDs monitored in the environment.  You might even like to see the connection modes as well in case you're broadcasting the same SSID over 2.4 and 5 bands.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Network Usage report

Posted Nov 08, 2016 10:16 AM
      |   view attached

Robert, I did a custom report per your suggestion and I think that is what I need.  I have attached it.  I have a question about the Time column under the Session Data by SSID.  What does the Time column tell me and are the number of days shown valid? 

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Airwave Network Usage report

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2016 11:23 AM

Those are some impressive numbers!!  The time column is cumulative time of all client sessions on the SSID during the reporting time frame to give you an idea of how many man hours a client device is online.  For example if I had 2 clients on for half a day each, my time total would show as 24 hours of total client online time.  For your report, it almost makes sense to get the numbers in GB instead of MB to make the report look easier to read.