Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Push configuration

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Airwave Push configuration

Posted Oct 09, 2013 05:07 PM
    We are trying to setup airwave in manage mode and are trying to figure out what we are missing when trying to push configurations to our controller. we create the profiles and do apply and save Airwave says the changes are being made in the background but no changes are ever made to the controller. running AWMS 7.7.3

• 2.  RE: Airwave Push configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2013 05:27 PM

let's start with the simple :) do you have your controller added to Airwave in read-write management mode?

Untitled1.png

Secondly, do you have your enable credentials properly specficed in AirWave to communicate with the controller?

Untitled.png

• 3.  RE: Airwave Push configuration

Posted Oct 09, 2013 05:32 PM
    We have this configured and we have airwave communicating to the controller over SNMPv3 and ssh, but whenever we try to add a configuration as stated earlier it doesn't push anything to the controller is there anything else we need to look for?

• 4.  RE: Airwave Push configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2013 05:43 PM

OK, but SSH is not the enable credentials, please try re-keying your enable password into the device setup screen at the bottom and give it a go again.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Push configuration

Posted Oct 09, 2013 05:53 PM
    Yeah we verified SSH is working we ran some commands from the quick links and it seems to be working correctly. However we still cant push any configurations.

• 6.  RE: Airwave Push configuration

Posted Oct 09, 2013 07:21 PM

we also re-keyed enable cred.

thanks again for the help

• 7.  RE: Airwave Push configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2013 08:44 AM

Let's review the audit log for the device in question. Click on 'AP'/Devices', click on the 'Controller' which will take you to the Montitor page for the controller. Scroll to the very bottom and click the 'Augit Log' link and you should get output something like this: (note I just reloaded AMP myself so have yet to push any configs from Airwave -> 3200)

Any attempts to communicate with the remote device will be detailed here. Check for errors or anything that denotes a communication issue.

If nothing jumps out, I'd review the event log in Airwave for the same. Failing that given you're credentials have been verified, I'd confirm the network between Airwave and the controller (likely not an issue if you are polling properly as indicated) and then raise a case with TAC. Please be sure to post your findings!

Untitled.png

• 8.  RE: Airwave Push configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2013 12:12 PM

Another good place to look is in the /var/log/ap/(ap_id)/telnet_cmds

ID of controller corresponds to the ID in the controller's URL.  For example:

if my controller's monitor page has the URL of http://robs.amp/ap_monitoring?id=123

then my controller's ID is 123

so I'd look in /var/log/ap/123/telnet_cmds

This log tracks all commands run over telnet/ssh between AMP and the device.  If it's a controller, I'd expect to see a configure line in the log:

>> configure terminal

<< Enter Configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z

Fri May 20 09:13:30 2011:
    >> wms general collect-stats enable

This is from an older device record, but it was a roll of the dice which log I went into.  If you're not seeing any 'conf t' line, then it's not trying to push at all.  Remember that the controller needs to be in management mode, there have been instances where the AP was in management mode, but the controller was in monitor mode, so the settings would never get pushed since the controller was not accepting changes.